Paid in USD but live in a EURO world. Why do I lose so much money?

Mennovdg
Contributor
Contributor

Dead other people, please help me out.

I work for a small American business. They send me USD at the end of every month.
I live in The Netherlands and my whole life is in EURO.

When I want to transfer money, from my paypal wallet to my bank account it converts from USD to Euro. 
EVERYWHERE I look the difference is something like: 1 USD = 0,82 Euro.
But paypal here claims that for some reason "1 USD = 0,79 Euro." 

This doesn't sound like a big difference but I need my next payment on my bank account soon to be able to pay my rent but if I do so I lose about 25 euro's that im not willing to lose.

Where would those 25 euros go? How can I ensure that I get paid the right amount? can anyone help me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mennovdg 

FROM PAYPALS HELP PAGES.
Here's how we set our exchange rate when making a conversion like this:

•We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion.
•Our currency exchange rates are competitive with conversion rates used by banks and by currency exchanges. (Please keep in mind that some of the rates quoted in the newspapers or online are the inter-bank rates that are available only to the largest international banks purchasing currencies in large quantities. A more applicable comparison for consumers is the exchange rates quoted at airports or other consumer currency exchange shops.)

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.