No support, no supervision, no accountability.

-Petty
Contributor
Contributor

I just tried to add a card to my account. That's all I needed to do. I removed my old card and clicked to add a new card. The system rejected my card saying only 'cannot process the request at this time. please try again later.' So I waited a day and tried again. The same message appeared. I called in to support and spoke with 'Thea'. A very nice woman who told me:

"There was an error authenticating your account. We do not know what went wrong. We cannot make the system send you a text message to re-authenticate your account. You should close your account and open a new one."

Close my account? The paypal account I've had and used for years? No way. I asked to speak with a supervisor. His name was Charlton and he told me:

"There was an error authenticating your account. We do not know what went wrong. We cannot make the system send you a text message to re-authenticate your account. We have forced the system to reset your account there is a possibility it will work if you wait 48 hours."

Then he told me there was no other supervisor, technical support person, or anyone else who could help me. 

He went on to explain that there was a technical issue that he could not explain because he was not given enough information about it and that this technical issue was affecting many users. Well, I am a very technical person. I have been working in this industry many years. I might have even helped install some of the systems to blame for this problem. So, if there are any technical support people out there. Can you explain to me why the people handling my money are unable to explain what their computers are doing and why they are doing it? 

I send thousands of dollars a year though paypal. A company I might add that is worth well over a billion dollars. 

How? How can an organization that could buy the White House, TWICE be unable to tell me why my credit card isn't being accepted?  If you've run into a similar problem please contact me. Maybe with enough of us asking, someone will provide a worth while answer. 

See you in 48 hours. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.