Negative balance but doesn't reflect

hypothalamus_
New Community Member

Did anyone experience the same thing as me with me having a negative balance on my account but there's no recent activity or transaction that reflects it. Is the only way to fix this call Paypal directly? I've been using Paypal for a long time and only experience this now.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

domeditowillix
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me right now and I'm worried!

I have negative balance and money on hold ($330.00 amount) for an unauthorized transaction that doesn't show on activity so I can't report it.

I want to keep using my paypal as I've always done before. Please help!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@domeditowillix 

@hypothalamus_ 

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Merrie1230
Contributor
Contributor
I did and all they can do is promise
Login to Me Too

Merrie1230
Contributor
Contributor
Me too they promised it will be resolved in 24hrs now i called them but they put ne on hold for already an hour
Login to Me Too

domeditowillix
Contributor
Contributor

No, I couldn't contact with the support team. I'm feeling really disappointed with the lack of support in cases like this. It's really a shame...

Login to Me Too

jolana25
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I called last week and was told it would be resolved in 24-48 hours but after 5 days it wasn’t. So I sent a message  and was told it was all set but it still wasn’t. I called again and that person said it was not resolved and once again was told it would be fixed in 24 hours. Well it’s been 12 hours and nothing. I messaged back to the person who said it was fixed and asked why they said it was ok. They said it was their mistake and it wasn’t fixed but would be in 24 hours and I would receive a call once it was. 
now that I am seeing all these posts from others I am very doubtful I will get it fixed. I was originally told it was a glitch on PayPal’s side. This is crazy. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.