Money on hold

Heartditako14
Hi Good day! Can i ask why my money is still onHold? Even i updated it already and when i updated it. It will be on my balance after 7 days? But still on hold. It almost 3 weeks and still on hold. I though first time yes i understand why my first money is on hold because im new in paypal. But a few months i using it and there is again on hold. I dont know why but i always using it in widrawing? Can someone assist or tell me? Thank you!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heartditako14 

The hold is not just for x1 transaction, it continues as you are a new seller until paypal thinks you are a 'trusted seller' after a reasonable selling history.

Funds are normally released when item shows as delivered + 1 day OR 21 days.

If it was for a service then if you mark it as shipped and the buyer clicks to confirm receipt then it may be released sooner but that is not always guaranteed.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Zaynoo
Contributor
Contributor

What does it say when it says it is on hold, can you upload a picture of your paypal? 

When a buyer makes a purchase and uses PayPal, the online payment service may put the money on hold for up to 21 days in certain instances. the funds will be released when the buyer confirms that he or she has recieved the item in the promised condition. This is the buyer protection agreement.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Heartditako14 

The hold is not just for x1 transaction, it continues as you are a new seller until paypal thinks you are a 'trusted seller' after a reasonable selling history.

Funds are normally released when item shows as delivered + 1 day OR 21 days.

If it was for a service then if you mark it as shipped and the buyer clicks to confirm receipt then it may be released sooner but that is not always guaranteed.

https://www.paypal.com/ph/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sandra_victor26
Contributor
Contributor
It’s been 5 days and all my money is on hold. Since it was intangible services how will the bier confirm on delivery ? Kindly advise
Login to Me Too

Jennjennk
Contributor
Contributor
Because they make money off of interest keeping it hostage for 21 days!! It’s absolutely wrong!! Something needs to be done about this! It’s not right!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sandra_victor26 

With payments received for tangible goods paypal would request valid tracking information confirming the funds have been delivered to the buyer. As they can validate the tracking information online, once it is delivered they can release the funds. As you have received the funds for a service or digital item no tracking number is applicable and they would be unable to release these funds any sooner than the 21 days.

If you mark it as processed or shipped then the buyer may have the option on their account to mark the transaction as delivery/satisfied. If the buyer confirms this by clicking on the "Confirm Receipt" button, the funds may be released to you sooner. This is not always guaranteed. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.