Missing money

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I have transferred £50.00 from my bank to PayPal but has not appeared in my PayPal balance. I have contacted PayPal via message and they have told me they cannot find the transaction. So I contacted the bank an they have told me it has definitely been sent to them. I have sent £34.00 after to check if it was a problem but that has been instantly added to the balance. SINCE THEN NO REPLY FROM THE PAYPAL HELP MESSAGE Think they need to sort there customer service out !!
Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Edma123
Contributor
Contributor
You've got a lot of patience. It's only been a week for me but I gave up just now and ended the conversation. They're insisting that it's currency conversion fees and the idea of it being a mistake isn't even crossing, there's also the issue of my account being unverified, and I'm unable to verify it. Checking if the fees are right or now isn't working and I though they could help check it themselves instead but they don't, they're being nice but it's extremely suspicious that fee amount is exactly as much as amount that was in my balance. I'll try not to think about it anymore. They seriously should add any amount of fee they charge on the receipt or on a different receipt including how they calculated it.
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
I’m out of patience, I’ll be taking legal action if it’s not in my account today. You should do the same, they’ll be robbing you.
Login to Me Too

Edma123
Contributor
Contributor
At first I was like that too, but tbh it's just 15 dollars (and we'll have to exclude the correct amount of fees from them) , they're still money nevertheless and can be very useful, but it's not enough reason for me to able to do so. But I hope things work out for you and you get your money back.
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
I haven't got my paypal money yet! I called my bank and Paypal has until 31/12/2020 to send the money back to my bank account, if this does not happen I have to call the bank again
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Nope not got mine either they are just ignoring me even though when I spoke to someone on the phone, YES THATS CORRECT ON THE PHONE! Lol they said they would update me daily with what’s going on basically but still £50.00 in the red. I’ve started a small claims anyways so it’s not up to them
Login to Me Too

lewis3004
Contributor
Contributor
I got told I need to be more patient and that I need to understand that system problems are out of their control... 3 weeks holding my money, if the system is that bad then PayPal have to be held to account. Customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced.
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
call your bank. because talking to paypal will do you nothing; (
Login to Me Too

Lukecalz
Contributor
Contributor
Yes they said the same to me lew but I’ve read the small terms & conditions and strictly speaking they have mis led me by the method I chose. I’ve had enough I can’t be bothered wasting my time contacting them again as they keep asking me for a transaction Id everytime I message them when there isn’t one lol I’ve just filed a small claims against them, so hopefully that should do the trick
Login to Me Too

Czuspin
Contributor
Contributor
I recovered my money from PayPal yesterday. as I wrote earlier, I reported the matter to the bank and the bank applied to PayPal for a refund. it appeared on my bank account yesterday
Login to Me Too

Edma123
Contributor
Contributor
I was able to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.