Is this what personal gifts look like?

tanasinn2
Contributor
Contributor

I have never sold anything using paypal before, and I just can't shake the feeling that I jumped the gun and sent my goods too early. Is this what a standard gift transaction looks like? I understand the money, if it's coming, can take 3 weeks to appear but I just want to make sure I didn't send my customer the goods without the money being on its way because I'm SoL if it's not. Thanks in advance.

epic_lKAEJme5R1.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanasinn2 

Scam unfortunately................

If it was marked as an invoice then its a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.
Signs its a scam are >>>
its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanasinn2 

Can't see the image as PayPal has not approved it yet.

When a goods and services payment is received and you are a new account, and the funds are subject to the PayPal or eBay 21 day hold, it will be put in your Pending PayPal balance. Do you see a Pending balance in your PayPal account? Does the transaction record says "On Hold"? If so, then you are good. You may enter tracking number into the transaction so PayPal system can verify delivery and release your funds within 24/48 hrs of doing so.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

tanasinn2
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see any balance at all, not even a $0. Nothing under recent activity either so I'm guessing I messed up.

Login to Me Too

tanasinn2
Contributor
Contributor

Let's try this:

https://i.imgur .com/fBCb4R8.png

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tanasinn2 

Scam unfortunately................

If it was marked as an invoice then its a scam doing the rounds as its been sent by a buyer and altered to look as though he has paid you.
Signs its a scam are >>>
its an invoice BUT sellers send invoices not buyers
marked as paid
marked as gift
says payment won't show in your balance for eg 24 hours
can't be chargedback.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send anything until the funds are showing in your paypal account balance.
Paypal payments are more or less instant.
Paypal will never tell you that a payment can't be subject to a chargeback if thats what scammers are still putting on invoices.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.