Incorrectly transferred money to a debit card number instead of the bank account number

KimCabutihan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have Incorrectly transferred money to a debit card number instead of the bank account number a few minutes ago.  Will I be able to still get my money back?  How do I go about transferring it to the correct bank account number?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KimCabutihan,

I'm sorry to hear that the account to which you withdrew funds was entered incorrectly. If the number does not lead to an active account that matches your name, the funds should bounce back from the bank. It may take as much as two weeks for that to occur. If 14 days elapses and the funds have not returned, please contact PayPal customer service to request a trace of the funds. A trace cannot be requested prior to the 14 days.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

KimCabutihan
Contributor
Contributor
I have not received my money back, it is worrying me.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @KimCabutihan,

I'm sorry to hear that the funds have not come back. Please contact support to request a trace.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.