I went to confirm my debit card and it is taking out £1.95

DanWoods11
New Community Member

Hi there! I went to confirm my debit card and it is taking out £1.95 so I can get a code from it. I want to buy something off amazon, and I have just enough money for it . I want to cancel Paypal to verify my debit as I don't want the £1.95 out of my bank (seems desperate, I know, but I can't buy a product off amazon without it).

Is there anyway to cancel the withdrawel out of my debit card? I thought it was a bit bad how it all of a sudden told me without me saying yes/no.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Hey,

After you have confirmed your card, PayPal immediately refund the amount charged to the same card. You can view the refund in your transaction history. A important note is that some banks may use 3-5 working days to make the funds available in your bank balance again.

If the card is not confirmed within 75 days since the confirmation process started, the charge will be automatically refunded to your card.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DanWoods11

You won't be able to use an unconfirmed card as a funding source to purchase an item.

Secondly your refund may well go back to your paypal balance AND NOT back to the card that you were verifying.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/where-do-i-find-the-paypal-code-to-link-and-confirm-my-d...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.