I can't remove bank account from paypal account

JessyJane
New Community Member

I'm trying to close my paypal account, so I want to remove all my details first including my bank account. 

I've been trying to do it all day, but I keep on getting an error message saying the following, 

"We're sorry, we're not able to process your request right now. Please try again later."

I've removed all the payments in my direct debits on my bank connected to the paypal (all of which haven't been used in at least 6 months). I have changed all the preferences I can so the account isn't used as default. I also don't have any pending transactions. 

I'm at my wits end, and any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Celeste

Hello @JessyJane,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear you haven't been able to remove the bank from your account. This sounds like it has been frustrating, so I would recommend getting in touch with our customer support teams. Support can be reached by selecting Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page. Good luck, I hope the bank can be removed soon!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.