I bought Bitcoin but Have not received my payment from Paypal.

RAFAB81
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I decided to give buying bitcoin on paypal a try, when I bought my bitcoin everything went smooth, I bought it, money from my Bank account was transferred and I had my Bitcoin right away. Couple of days later I decided to sell, and I clicked on the sell button and I got a message from paypal saying that my cryptocurrency sold, but the funds are on hold, I hope is not for the 21 days stated on paypal selling policy, that defeats the whole purpose of cryptocurrency. Don't buy Cryptocurrency from Paypal.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Dabaker42
Contributor
Contributor
This should be illegal, especially with paypal inc buying up as much crypto as they can themselves. Nice trick to use everyone elses money to do it
Login to Me Too

Dabaker42
Contributor
Contributor
Plus the worst customer service for any major company I have ever dealt with, that includes cable companies. Took an hour to get someone on the phone, only to be “transfered” and disconnected. 2nd time same thing, 3rd time was basically like “oh, you again?” Every time I talked to someone it was like they are pretending to look into my problem and account then come back and feed me the same bullsh*t lines right of a paper, security, fraud, 21 days to process sale. Get connected to a “supervisor” who does literally the exact same thing, pretend to be looking into it then same scripted responses. If I stole peoples money like this they would throw me in jail. Never use paypal
Login to Me Too

Jamie1107
Contributor
Contributor

Should definitely be illegal.. I would have never got involved with it, if I knew there were going to pull this crap.

Login to Me Too

Rdell17
Contributor
Contributor
I am in the same boat. They said wait 3-5 days. I have a feeling that is not the case. How did everyone on here make out? How long did it take to get your money?
Login to Me Too

Dabaker42
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly how paypal planned it, they held for 21 days almost to the minute.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.