I bought Bitcoin but Have not received my payment from Paypal.

RAFAB81
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all, I decided to give buying bitcoin on paypal a try, when I bought my bitcoin everything went smooth, I bought it, money from my Bank account was transferred and I had my Bitcoin right away. Couple of days later I decided to sell, and I clicked on the sell button and I got a message from paypal saying that my cryptocurrency sold, but the funds are on hold, I hope is not for the 21 days stated on paypal selling policy, that defeats the whole purpose of cryptocurrency. Don't buy Cryptocurrency from Paypal.

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

Anatta
Contributor
Contributor
I'm having the exact same problem and I'm going on 9 days with my money on hold now. I have Christmas gifts to buy but it looks like paypal doesnt care. I contacted customer service wendsday but have not been able to call them back since. It's like they're having the same problem all over and decided to shut down thier customer service line in response. If anyone can get through please let me know! This is ridiculous and I will not rest until I get my money!
Login to Me Too

Jamie1107
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here too. I used my Christmas money, and put it into cryptocurrency and make like $40.00 so then I try and sell it for Christmas last week. And they put it on hold. Trying to contact customer service is just a joke. None of them can understand what is going on. I cs rep. Told me to contact ebay (WHAT?). The others told me I had to wait 30days, until the merchant and verify. They are the merchant... UNREAL, Never again thats for sure. Now I got to max out my credit cards, for a lame $40.00 I made. I would let them keep the dang $40.00 just to give me my money.

Login to Me Too

Reesec325

I'm also in the same boat!  I just sold my Litecoin yesterday and now the funds are on hold.  It says estimated availability when I use the automated message system of Dec. 3rd, but I have feeling it won't come to me.  I waited almost 2 hours on the phone and no one every picked up.  I would be curious if anyone has heard any outcome.

CL

Login to Me Too

Jamie1107
Contributor
Contributor

There is no way you'll get it by Dec 3rd, I have been waiting alot longer then that.. it is ridiculous, there is no reason for them to be holding any funds, with things they are buying and selling. There probably holding all out money in and account, and making loans and collecting interest.. I sure if there hold 300k peoples money for 30 days the interest alone is in the 10s of millions, they collect by making our life miserable.

Login to Me Too

RAFAB81
Contributor
Contributor

hey everyone I was able to get a message from paypal support and I hope this is true, I'm posting the answer I got from Customer service, keep in mind that I sold my crypto on Monday November 30 but according to the message might get my money from my bitcoin sale on December 3rd, fingers crossed. 

"Thanks for your patience, Rafael. The funds from the purchase of the Cryptocurrency still haven't arrived from your bank yet, that's why we have the sale on hold. It looks like we are expecting those funds to clear from your bank tonight or tomorrow, with funds released from that sale no later than Dec 3, 2020 at 05:59:13 AM PST"

Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.
Login to Me Too

Jamie1107
Contributor
Contributor

Wow.. Holy Crap... 

I have a message open with the message help right now. Thay haven't responded in 3 days.. Lucky you..

Login to Me Too

Jamie1107
Contributor
Contributor

See i never even used a bank , I used my PayPal balance.. 

Login to Me Too

SWD2019
Contributor
Contributor

It's been almost a week since you posted this. Did PayPal release your money finally? And how long was it on 'hold' after you sold it?

Login to Me Too

Dabaker42
Contributor
Contributor
I got someone on the phone for this problem after an entire day of trying. They kept feeding me **bleep** about security, fraud, and it taking 21 days to process the sale. Basically said nothing can be done be. The only fraud going on here is by paypal, no other site processing crypto sales takes more than 3 days, plus they are linked in with coinbase so I know it doesnt take 3 weeks. Just a **bleep** excuse to hold peoples money for 21 days, wonder how much they can make on that money in 21 days.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.