How do I add money to my Paypal account?

mikemcgilp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I'm trying to give an Ebay buyer a partial refund for a sale but I don't know how to add money to my paypal balance to do this.  The online help says there is an option to add money under my paypal balance but there is only an option to transfer funds.  Could someone please tell me how I do this?    Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikemcgilp 

Transfer funds > add funds. If that is not available in your country then you can't add funds to your balance.

Normally you can fund a refund from any linked and confirmed bank account OR to add funds..........

Sometimes the quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee). That is if that option is available in NZ.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikemcgilp 

Transfer funds > add funds. If that is not available in your country then you can't add funds to your balance.

Normally you can fund a refund from any linked and confirmed bank account OR to add funds..........

Sometimes the quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send you a payment to your paypal via the friends / family option (as long as they don't fund it with a card there is no fee). That is if that option is available in NZ.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikemcgilp
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much for your reply, I eventually figured this out and did that after none of the online advice or advice from Paypal help worked, it seems you can't add money to your paypal balance from New Zealand, it's a pity Paypal couldn't have mentioned this from the beginning before I wasted days trying to get this done.  I can't believe what a absolute rigmarole it was to do what should have been a simple thing, sort your **bleep** out Paypal!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.