How can I move my money out of Paypal when I accidentally made 2 accounts?

mothersofaliens
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I made a Paypal account years ago, in like 2013 or so to split money between my band members and I used it up until maybe 2018, and then started using a new email address and forgot I had a PayPal, in fact I thought I'd deleted it.

So I made a new PayPal account a few months ago using my newer email address because a friend wanted to send me some money. Since then I've given the new Paypal email out to friends used it for donations via Ko-Fi and other online shops and thought of it as my 'main' account, so it has quite a bit of money in it.

I wanted to move all of it out of PayPal, onto my debit card the other day and I guess my old PayPal is connected to the same bank because it won't let me link my card or bank to the new account to make the transfer.

So I logged into the old account and tried to delete it since the balance is $0.00 and I guess I won't use it anymore but I got banned instantly from that account. Now I still can't link my bank or card to my new account, it says they're still linked to another PayPal. (I guess it's linked to the banned one)

I'm scared to try anything else because of how quickly I was banned from my old account and I looked around online and saw horror stories of people getting banned WITH money in their account so I'm asking here. How on earth would I move all my money out of PayPal now? I can't really afford to lose what I have in my new account.

Hopefully this wasn't confusing, I tried to word it as clearly as possible but it's still kind of a convoluted issue, haha, hope someone can help me out.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.