Help with add cash

BSLFWZ
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone! I'm now in Germany and I can't use my bank account or my debit card for the present time. I wanted to buy something from eBay so I tried to add some cash to my PayPal account through a store or some outlet (cause I can't pay with my debit card), but I could find out how. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BSLFWZ 

If I understand your post correctly, you can't add cash to your PayPal balance through a store or outlet outside of the USA. PayPal accounts are country specific. It would never occur to me to buy something on eBay with my PayPal account if I'm outside of my country of residence, on a trip/holiday/visit. I'd use my credit card without PayPal because credit cards also protect you from unauthorized purchases, not just PayPal. And if you plan on using your PayPal during travel, contact PayPal to let them know of your travel plans to get access before the trip happens because it'll be PITA to contact PayPal from overseas, as well as your debit/credit cards if backed by the major credit card networks which can be used international through those networks.

Hope this purchase isn't critical because your only option now is to contact customer service and go through having to prove you're you from overseas.

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BSLFWZ 

If I understand your post correctly, you can't add cash to your PayPal balance through a store or outlet outside of the USA. PayPal accounts are country specific. It would never occur to me to buy something on eBay with my PayPal account if I'm outside of my country of residence, on a trip/holiday/visit. I'd use my credit card without PayPal because credit cards also protect you from unauthorized purchases, not just PayPal. And if you plan on using your PayPal during travel, contact PayPal to let them know of your travel plans to get access before the trip happens because it'll be PITA to contact PayPal from overseas, as well as your debit/credit cards if backed by the major credit card networks which can be used international through those networks.

Hope this purchase isn't critical because your only option now is to contact customer service and go through having to prove you're you from overseas.

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BSLFWZ
Contributor
Contributor
That was very helpful. Thanks a lot for your accurate information!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.