HELP! I SENT MONEY AND HE WILL NOT SEND ME THE ITEM.

terimh43
Contributor
Contributor

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN DO. I SENT 3 PAYMENTS AND HE WILL NOT SEND ME MY ITEM UNLESS I KEEP GIVING HIM MORE MONEY. WE AGREED ON A PRICE. I HAVE TEXTS AND PICTURES AND SCREEN SHOTS OF ALL INTERACTION. WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY MONEY BACK? HOW CAN PAYPAL IMPROVE SO THIS CAN NOT HAPPEN. ANY HELP PLEASE!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terimh43 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@terimh43 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chithambe
Contributor
Contributor

The cheater in my case wAs a purported recruiting agent, in IndhiA, for "The Thomson Grand" Hotel, Singapore; he had managed to open a receiving account, in Paypal, of course with dubious credentials, into which he coaxed me to pay an "application fee" of more than INR 11, 000/- After the "one-time-only-payment", that too supposed to be refunded after i join duty in Singapore at the said hotel, the cheater in IndhiA kept asking me to pay more, now into a private bank a/c in IndhiA !

Even the first payment i made, wAs becAuse it wAs through Paypal, which i thought could be trusted !

Today, when i made a complaint to Paypal, the compalaint wAs immediately "resolved" at their Resolution Centre, saying that the complaint is closed instantly, when it wAs raised, "not in my favour" ! Gone, my trust with Paypal and my money too. I have made a Police complaint with Police Commissioner, Chennai, TN, IndhiA, and they Are just sleeping over it ! A good time for cheaters like the one who deceived me, it looks like ! May God punish them, verifiably by me !

Login to Me Too

chithambe
Contributor
Contributor

@chithambe This is my FB post today, under my FB ID: Seshadri Damodaran

"Yr.1st kudos!U begin a'rewarding'journey.
Thanks,4being a PayPal member".WhAt use,if Paypal can't help book cheat-'merchants'?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.