Foreign Exchange fees

Dean1986
Contributor
Contributor

I have a UK PayPal account.  I receive nearly all payments that I receive in US dollars.  This became very costly to convert in to GBP to withdraw to my UK bank account.  So I made great effort to open a US bank account and connect it to my PayPal account.  I was then able to withdraw in US dollars to a dollar account without incurring the exchange fee.  
This was the case until the pandemic hit in Feb 2020 and my business fell apart and I stopped receiving payments.   I have now, one year later in Feb 2021 started taking payments again, only to discover upon withdrawing as usual to my US dollar account that PayPal are now charging a foreign exchange fee to withdraw dollars to a dollar account despite never making a foreign exchange.  This cost me $141 to make a withdrawal to my own bank account.  

What is going on?  why are we getting fees on top of fees? How can I get this fee reimbursed and not pay it going forward?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.