Error message when adding money.

Mololee-3
Contributor
Contributor
I keep getting an error message in a red box when I try to add money to my balance. I've emailed paypal several times and they just keep giving me the same instructions that I am already doing, that don't work. Then they said to contact my bank. I did that. And still it's not working. Then I tried to delete an old address on paypal and that also brought up an error message! I'm so frustrated! And it looks like other people have had this issue too. PAYPAL FIX THIS. I have automatic payments that come out of this account.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

amethyst01
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Mololee-3 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we're sorry you're not able to add money on your PayPal account.

If you’re unable to add money, it could be because:
  • You need to first set up a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account.  
  • There is a limitation placed on your account. 
  • If you receive an error message, this feature may not be available for you at this time. You can either use the Add cash option (available from the PayPal app), or send your money directly to the recipient using a bank account or a debit/credit card.

You may use this link for additional information:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-paypal-account-faq1348

Hope this helps. Stay safe.

Login to Me Too

J_kylerinrico
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Mololee-3. Thank you for letting us know of your concern. Sorry that this has to happen. Before you can add money from your bank to your PayPal account, you need to make sure that your account is a PayPal Cash or a PayPal Cash Plus account. The only way that you can make your account into this type, is to ask somebody (either from trusted friend or family member) to send you at least a dollar. As soon as you receive this, it will give you a prompt to accept the money, followed by an options if: you will transfer into your bank account or keep it to your Paypal. You have to choose the last option. After this, you have to agree on the terms and condition, then continue. Once you're done with these steps, refresh your account, and that should show the add money option. How do I add money to my PayPal account? If you’re unable to add money, it could be because: You need to first set up a PayPal Cash or PayPal Cash Plus account.   There is a limitation placed on your account.  If you receive an error message, this feature may not be available for you at this time. You can either use the Add cash option (available from the PayPal app), or send your money directly to the recipient using a bank account or a debit/credit card. If you haven’t received the transfer a full week after you requested it, please look for contact us link at the bottom of the PayPal page. Hope this will help you. All for the best. Stay healthy and safe. ***** Simple appreciation of my reply would mean clicking the like sign below. Thank you. 😊
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.