Debit card cannot be linked

KB70
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a freelancer. I have tried to link my DEBIT card to Paypal so that I can withdraw funds to my bank account.

However, it says "Your card was declined by the issuing bank. Please try a different card or contact your card issuer with questions."

I also got a text message from my bank saying "Transaction $1 was declined on your card at PayPal". I called the bank and they said that PayPal requires a pre-authorization which is available only on credit cards. I do have a credit card but I will only be able to make payments but not withdraw.

What should I do? (I am from Mauritius and Paypal is the only way I am able to charge clients internationally)

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Annie137
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've had the same issue. If you have an MCB account, you can use juice and link your Paypal account to it. Then you'll be able to withdraw from you Paypal wallet and into your bank account.

Login to Me Too

KB70
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks 🙂

Login to Me Too

GuillermoP
Contributor
Contributor

Did PPal contacted you about this? I received a message from them that they can link the DC only by phone... I am still waiting their call or another message saying something... frustrating to say the least. 

Login to Me Too

Drintelligence
Contributor
Contributor

The problem I had:

I am a freelancer for international client. Got my payment. Cannot access my Juice as i changed number (MCB told to wait when lockdown end to be able to change my new number) WTF! Is this a proffesional bank? If you cannot offer services sell the bank to many competent person here, a simple verification requires months.

Thats the first issue. So i had to transfer amount to another friend paypal. Paypal to Paypal transfer charged me 7 USD for a small amount.

Now when he has been trying to remove from his juice Paypa. Technical problem. Yesterday he called they told him to do things, not good>

Today as well. No issue each time has to send mail to check with technical.

Paypal you are such a good company, you do agreement with MCB being incompetent for such small things while the customer service says it takes 3 days or sometimes 7 or 9 days. WTF are we paying for. And how could PayPal be so stupid to not verify how mcb to its **bleep** here.

I could represent you paypal and do better job than MCB. Mauritius has lack of competence everywhere and those 'false professional companies what they do is called SCAM. So that's okay you do scam then that's how they propagate this **bleep** mentality here. 

Do your **bleep**ing job. This issue will be reported to FSC but no action will again be taken

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.