Customer Service - is this the new norm of service?

audioroom
Contributor
Contributor

I thought I'd share my experience with an ongoing customer service, that have taken far to much time from me - so the least I can do when I've put in the effort os to share this info:

Right now I have this 70€ still on hold (low amount also...) on a sale where the customer got his package last Friday, and given me top ratings on Reverb and so on the same day. So here's the biggest problem I have with this way of treating a selling customer.
First of all, as soon as I saw that ”on hold” indication, I followed the online information and updated the tracking ID on the 24th of June. So on the evening on the 28th of June, when that package was picked up 12 hours earlier, I emailed support to check why it’s still on hold. I got a reply on the 29th of June where they tell me that I should add the online tracking to get my money sooner… The service representative clearly hadn’t checked that I already had done so in my account. When I replied that this was already done - then I got an email reply that they could see that I had updated the tracking ID on the 24th and that they could see that the package was delivered on the 28th of June 10:11. He said that normally the funds are automatically released 24 hours after delivery. Then I got a follow-up email on the 29th of June at 13:42 stating that ”I have therefor sent an request to release your money to our relevant department. Please note it can take up to 72 hours.”
So on the 3rd of July at 10:28 I decided to send one more email and ask why my money was still on hold after more than 72 hours… Now it’s the 5th of July at 13:47 and I haven’t got I reply to my last question…
I decided to call the support number earlier today, where I followed the answering machine’s steps and decided to not wait in line, but to be called up as suggested - and when I got the call I was just put back in the queue again and they didn’t answer for 5 minutes so now I’m fed up with this whole ”customer service” experience.
I understand that every big company loves their generic and automated systems, but when they ask the customer to update tracking ID’s and ask the customer to always put in time and effort to resolve their own system’s shortcomings - I kind of get a bit irritated. (especially since it’s only about 70€ we are talking about)
Now that I see that other has this experience I think it’s important to share this information.
I can’t recommend PayPal as a selling platform because of the way their systems and customer service are treating the seller through this incident. It tells a lot about what they aim for in the customer support department. Without a happy seller - no happy buyer.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.