Charges on my account

Sofiri
Contributor
Contributor
Please i just updated my Paypal details and also linked my debit card to my personal account, after doing that i got a debit alert on my bank account of about $1.95. But on registration i was told it was free. So how come the payment?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sofiri 

Thats the charge to confirm your card once you have added it, once you have confirmed it on paypals site with the 4 digit code the funds are refunded back to you.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-confirm-my-debit-or-credit-card-faq1565

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sofiri
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thanks. I mistakenly deleted the text message showing me both my bank balance & the code. Please how can i get it back?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sofiri 

Registering for the PayPal account IS free. When you link a card, PayPal has to validate it hence the $1.95 temporary charge and you receive a PayPal 4-digit code to enter on the Wallet page of your account for the card to complete the validation process. Afterwards, the $1.95 is refunded. Please allow about a week, up to 30 days for your card issuer to post the refund.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.