Cannot link bank account

dangeruss
Contributor
Contributor

I had a bank account linked, but once I closed my account, I removed it from paypal.  I have since, unsuccessfully tried linking multiple of my accounts to paypal, but none work.  

I just keep getting this error when doing the link manually (through the paypal assistant).  

--

The bank account you're trying to link can't be added at this time due to one or more security factors.

If you're using PayPal from a device you don't normally use, please try again later from the device you normally use to access PayPal.

--

I have reached out to CSRs multiple times about this and they always say that I need to receive a callback from someone, and it's been a few weeks now and I have not received a callback.  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

dawa5344
New Community Member

so what is the solution

Login to Me Too

dangeruss
Contributor
Contributor

I contacted PayPal.  I think they were trying to verify something, not sure what, but I was finally able to get it resolved.  

Login to Me Too

Vladicarus
Contributor
Contributor

You got ahold of them? How'd you go about doing that? i was trying for several hours with nothing.

Login to Me Too

abb_blurose
New Community Member

I had this same problem but for me I realized my phone number on my paypal was wrong. It didn't match the phone number that my bank account had so I'm assuming that's what the Issue was?  I realized the number was wrong while I was on hold and before I could look at my account info someone picked up. So they just did everything for me

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.