What "crap" is Pay Pal Doing

CalhanGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I received $3800.00 payment and Pay Pal will not let me transfer it to my bank.  They indicate I have a limit of $1000.00/month but I can change it.  However, they do not recognize my SSN and seem to be shut down during the week end.  They're using my money and want to charge me $1.95 to check my Credit Card.  What kind of a Schloky operation is this.

They're also charging me a % for the transaction...I always thought they were an up front operation...THEY SUCK!!!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CalhanGuy

What do you mean they are charging you % for the transaction. Did you think paypal was FREE Smiley Surprised

Did you think all their staff don't want any wages at the end of the month?? Do you work for free?

As for the $1.95 >>>>>>>>>>>>   To confirm your card, we’ll charge $1.95 to it. After the card is confirmed, we will immediately refund the card

As for your SSN no idea why they won't acept it but if you sort that out then your limits will be lifted.

Paypal does not suck but your understanding of how things work and your language may well do so.    Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CalhanGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for the warm welcome to this site.

I have two appologies:

1.  I probably could have used more descreat language to express my frustrations with PayPal....sorry.

2.  Probable could have expressed the problem in a much better way.

I've never done business with a financial institution that puts so many obstacles in the way of obtaining your own money.

Should you read and understand all the "rules and regulations" concerning your OWN MONEY, it is quite obvious what Pay Pal is doing.

In response to one comment....yes, I do understand profit motives with any organization, and I support that motive completely.  Howver, for the amount Pay Pal charges, I, as any customer would suspect, receive some value added service for the amount payed....I do not expect it to be free!!  So far I have received no "anything" for the amount they take from the transaction except obstacles.

For those who have critizized me for my comments, I hope you understan "short term paper".  That's exactly what PayPal is doing, as many other isntitutions.  Should you request a transfer of funds, if they are requested before the cut off time, they will be transacted the following day...giving PayPal another day use of your money. 

They do not transact on week-ends, although the computers continue to run, but us e only "business days".  Gives them another two days over the week end to use your money.

My main complaint:  PayPal has my money and due to their rules and regulations make it very difficult for me to access it...plain and simple.  I know what some responses will be..."why do you have an account?".  Simple answer:  When purchasing, their system work wonderful, simple and very user friendly.  When receiving, the "hoops" one must go thru are in the interest of PayPal and not the receiving customer.  So...when the current transaction is in my bank...goodbye PayPal and will no longer be a customer.

Please, please don't say:  "the hoops you jump through are for your own security", it's really the extra money they can squeeze out.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CalhanGuy

Paypal have a legal responsibility to identify you before letting you have a large sum of money and to comply with money laundering regs.

Is it there fault that it was a weekend and you could not get your SSN accepted?

And paypal ''normally'' does not have your money for a few more days. Normally when you PAY a seller it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers funding source.

So if you are accusing paypal of having the money for a few days to squeeze you of interest and now you realise that is not the case do you want to pay them interest when you start to get your money through instantly even though the buyers funds have not transfered yet? I guess the answer is no to that one.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CalhanGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently you're a fan of PayPal while apparently I'm not.

PayPal is a financial business and has established a set of rules I feel are not customer oriented.

My particular funds were not large enough to warrant "Money Laundering" inquiry.

Don't mind paying for service, if it's good service:

PayPal:

• Not available on week ends or holidays
  • Takes 45min to an hour to reach them by phone, when they're available
  • When using their "call back" option, dropped off line before contact with agent
  • When finally contacted Agent answered my questions but the online system didn't correspond with what I was told

The issue is now a non issue since it's been resolved.

Please continue to support and be a voice for PayPal...they need it.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CalhanGuy

Smiley Very Happy

I am only a fan of paypal when they are in the right.

But then when YOU are in the wrong its so much better to blame paypal or the advisor than yourself isn't it.

Funds DO NOT have to be large enough to qualify for the LEGAL money laundering requirements. They just have to make sure before they transfer funds that you have identified yourself properly and the transfer is legal.

As for your problems with contacting customer services that was not what the question was about..........and I agree with you that their customer services on answering problems is pretty poor...........that is one of the reasons that i give up my time to help out on here............

but then you get the odd person that prefers to have a pop at an advisor as they don't like to be told the truth. And as the issue is resolved then I guess you phoned paypal on the Monday and they sorted things out for you.........well done paypal then.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

CalhanGuy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm just tickled you turned this into a Wrong and Right.  It happens you are right.  But my opinions are Right as well.  Your assumption on how it resolved happens to be incorrect.

You can now pat yourself on the back as the WINNER!!  Feel better?

This is the end of this thread...I'm opting out...have fun.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CalhanGuy

Smiley Very Happy

And this   >>>>>

What "crap" is Pay Pal Doing

was not making it into a right and wrong? From the very beginning you accused paypal of being wrong but then when you phoned them they sorted YOUR problem out for you     Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

blueovalz
Contributor
Contributor

If a competitor comes along, I will gladly pay more for transactions if it will result in better rules and customer service than is practiced by the current PayPal culture. Took (is taking) me over two weeks to resolve a couple of fraud transactions, which PayPal has credited back to my bank account, yet PayPal continues to attempt to debit my bank account for those same "purchases". Really?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.