Stop Sending Transactions to Facebook Messenger!

peppersass
Contributor
Contributor

I'm posting this because the thread Stop Sending Notifications to Messenger has been marked Solved by PayPal and it's not solved.

According to other members of the forum, the instructions for turning off notifications only makes them invisible to me. The information is still being sent to Facebook. I did not authorize this and want it to stop immediately.

Further, Facebook was added to my pre-approved merchant list a few days ago without my authorization. Had I not caught this, Facebook could have gotten payments from me whenever they wanted. I've made the authorization inactive, but this is *really* crossing the line.

PayPal and Facebook be advised: If you do not turn off this feature on my account -- and I mean ensuring that information about my financial transactions is not sent to Facebook or any other entity -- I will contact my State Attorney General and my Congressional Representatives and ask them to start an investigation into this deceptive and illegal marketing practice.

Until this is fixed to my satisfaction, I will be using Visa Checkout and Apple Pay instead of PayPal wherever I can. Shame on you PayPal!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

http://bfy.tw/9vu0

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.