Quit It With the **bleep** Already

CashHeldHostage
New Community Member

Why is it that it takes seconds, for me to send my money, takes seconds for Paypal to bill me and take my money.

How ever it takes **bleep** days to be refunded, or to have money credited to my account.

Money being sent one direction or another should take the same amount of time. Conveniant Paypal needs close to a week with my money before i get it. 

Some one want to explain this to me? Ill wait....

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CashHeldHostage

Some one want to explain this to me? Ill wait....

A polite please would be nicer if you want someone to volunteer there time to help you.

And it does take the same time if you actually know the process.

Firstly when you pay it is never instant > paypal CREDIT the seller and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from the buyers funding source. That is why we get confused buyers on here saying their payment has completed and item on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet.

Secondly a seller can only issue a refund via funds in their paypal balance or an echeque.
So if its an echeque it has to clear through from the sellers bank account > paypal > and then it is credited to you and the hold lifted.

This is because paypal don't "refund in advance" like they do when you pay for an item as per my previous comment.

Lastly >>>

When refund or cancellation occurs within a few days of it being sent, the funds that PayPal paid up front for you are returned.

However, the funds from your bank account are still in transit. They haven't reached your PayPal account yet.

As soon as those funds clear, they are available for you to use or withdraw.

SO TO SUM IT UP PAYPAL REFUNDS WHEN THEY HAVE THE FUNDS CLEARED THROUGH TO THEM TO PASS ON TO THE BUYER.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.