Peter Thiel donating to Trump Campaign

swtmeadow
New Community Member

If Peter Thiel donates to Trump, I'm out of Paypal. Paypal's loss!

Login to Me Too
155 REPLIES 155

KIMBER120
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm disgusted to discover that PayPal CEO Peter Thiel has donated $1.25 million to the campaign of Donald Trump.
I feel as if a portion of the fees I've paided to PayPal are being used to bolster this dangerous charlatan. I'm researching other payment processing methods now since I found this out. I can't in good conscience do business with a company that I know is sending money to that idiot.

Login to Me Too

antitrump
New Community Member

I'm disgusted by his support of Trump. I'm closing my account. I only hope that his PR team is reading these posts. 

Login to Me Too

memasmuffn

See ya later alligator! TRUMP!

Login to Me Too

Sierrashoo
New Community Member

Give Peter Thiel's (PayPal co-founders) decision to publicly and generously ($1.25 million) support Donald Trump and his campaign, I want to cancel my PayPal account.  Convenient, yes.  Do I use it?  Frequently.  But I don't want to give anything to support that political monster.  I have spent the last hour trying to figure out how to do this on the PayPal site.  Obviously they don't want to make this too easy.  How does one go about cancelling a PayPal account?

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

you can go to your account and close the account.

or find out how to close your account.

Login to Me Too

timo2b
New Community Member

Me too. all the instructions say to go to the profile item and then the sub menu item, but it is different now.

Login to Me Too

PTM
New Community Member

Finding the 'cancel my account' link is easy, but when I click on it, a new screen opens up but never connects to anything.  I think PayPal is purposely making it difficult.  They must want to keep money flowing in so they can support the dRump buffoon.  

Login to Me Too

lloudermilk
New Community Member

I agree - they are making it purposefully difficult and creating problems.

They tell me I have a recurring payment that needs to be canclled before i can close my account... I've cancelled the ONE, gotten the email confirmation that it's cancelled, changed billing information on the third party site... Still says I have recurring payments and the account can't be closed. Time to call I suppose.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Go to Profile > Payments > Manage Pre-approved Payments 

Click Merchant Name and click Cancel.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.