Paypal - you are a sneaky enterprise...you need to be more transparent if you want to continue doing

Sixtytwopercent
New Community Member

business with me.

I am beyond upset right now. 

Every, EVERY time I send money I intend to use a credit card. Every time, EVERY time I send money Paypal attempts to take from my checking account. 

Thanks. I just overdrew my account AND I have zero protection. Winning, that is what you are doing today Paypal. Guess what, after at least ten years and thousands of dollars of fees...I am done. You guys have ruined it for me.

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

aledosandra
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for your replies. I will try this next month when I need to make the payment again.

Would it make a difference that the person I am paying sends me a link to their paypal.me and I click on their payment button? Maybe they have set it up so that they get cash money as their preferred option rather than a credit card?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sorry for the late reply, @aledosandra.

Anyway, try going to your Wallet page, select the card you want to use as your main preferred payment method for online purchases/payments, then on the right side p, click the greyed out star, which turns orange-yellow.  You can always set it to another method later.  Hopefully this switches payment method to the card after the log on step or show you option to change payment when you use the recipient's PayPal.me link.

Never known there to be a payment receiving setting that allows the recipient to affect payment method the sender uses.

Also, does the PayPal.me url the recipient gave you has the payment amount on the end of it?  Maybe remove that and manually enter the amount when you get to the PayPal.me page.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Have they confirmed your credit card?

check your profile for buying and selling,there is usaully a preferred payment method.

if your credit card still valid,?

is it registered under your name?

one way some folks do is send the paypal fund to another Paypal account(we are allowed business and personal account)and let PAYPAL charges your purchase to the credit card,then go to that account and hit refund and the money will come back to you.

say you sent from business acount to personal account,they are both your account,make sure it is sent friend and family/

but if your problem is your credit card,then you will end up paying with your bank fund 

Login to Me Too

aledosandra
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply.

I went to my profile and payment preferences, and it says:

Preferred payment method when paying in stores

When you shop in stores, we’ll use your PayPal balance first. Then, we’ll use (your bank checking acct xxx). You can update your preferred payment method anytime.You can also set or update a preferred payment method for shopping online and sending money for goods and services in WALLET.

The it gives a link to update in-store payment method.

But maybe sending a payment to someone through paypal.me not considered a "store payment?"

Also, yes, the credit card is confirmed to my account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@aledosandra

Silly question but you are in the US aren't you and not in the UK?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

aledosandra
Contributor
Contributor

I am in the USA.

Login to Me Too

bang4dabuck
Contributor
Contributor

Obviously PP has it biased towards using your bank account as much as possible, they make more money that way. It kind of sux that they aren't heads and shoulder above board. I have felt your pain and at this time I will only use PP when necessary. If I can use my cr card even if a little bit more of a hassle. DON'T REWARD BAD BEHAVIOR, look what happens when you do AGENT ORANGE our president.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

sending some one a payment using friends and family is not store payment,if you use a credit card,you pay credit card fees.

have you tried like I suggested,empty your paypal balance and then send payment,see what Paypal uses-cc or bank?

Login to Me Too

mikeb3
Contributor
Contributor

To whom it may concern , I have some of the same feelings when it comes to pay pal . Please send me a reply , I have something Id like to talk to you about,  6512109659

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@mikeb3 wrote:

To whom it may concern , I have some of the same feelings when it comes to pay pal . Please send me a reply , I have something Id like to talk to you about,  6512109659

This is a user forum,not customer service.

we are all volunteers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.