New Experience Paypal Website.

KnirpsLyn
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome...  You know what I love?

Waking up in the morning to go check out my Paypal, eBay, and banks on all their various websites, and finding out that one of my professional (presumably) business websites has been taken over by some kids and turned into some Disney-Twitter-wannabe-site.

I don't know about anyone else, but when a company makes radical, overnight changes to a site I use every day to deal with my money, I get irritated.  

When I first logged in, there was only one option on the bottom for changing back the website to the 'classic' version.  It literally said, 'view classic site'.  However, it was not the classic site.  It was some mock version of the classic site and only showed the summary page.  Changing pages instantly took you back to the kid version.

I ended up calling Paypal, and upon their instructions to refresh back to the main page and look for a new option to 'opt out', I found it and was able to opt out of the 'new (kid) experience' and return to the classic, adult site.

I don't understand why they did it that way.  You should never be assualted with such changes upon log-in with no announcements or guide as to what the changes are and where everything is.  Maybe I want to take a look at the new experience...maybe I'll like it (well, I'll never like the bubbly, kiddie crap layout, but maybe it was feature-rich), I don't know, and I don't think I'll find out because the opt out seemed pretty final.

Considering my tone and explaination to the representitive on the phone, as well as the feedback from the opt out pop-up, and my follow-up feedback submission, I believe Paypal has a pretty good idea where I stand on this issue, but for some reason I wanted to create a message on the community board as well.  Go me.

What was your 'new experience' like?

Login to Me Too
278 REPLIES 278

LindaSueBob
Contributor
Contributor

I also detest this new layout, why would you try to fix something that is not broken????????   Each transaction I record the fees that paypal has charged me when a customer pays, now I can't find what the fees are for each payment. Does anyone know how to find it in this ridiculous new page?  GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Login to Me Too

hennigh
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah. "Make a payment" on the front page made PayPal user friendly. Now it's buried in PayPal's guts somewhere. I can no longer use ebay because I'm afraid of falling into one of PayPal's traps to misdirect funds and to confuse people. I'd be angry if I weren't so sad. I only had the one hobby -- collecting vinyl and CDs -- and now it's gone. PayBully would be a better name for this place now.

Login to Me Too

melba303
Contributor
Contributor

Me too, it feels like they are hiding features on purpose.

Login to Me Too

Lexihexi
Contributor
Contributor
Ditto, likewise more dittos, and a million likewise.......... WE DONT LIKE, CARE, HATE, THE NEW, NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY LAYOUT! M Thank you. Free speech is a right, right?
Login to Me Too

hennigh
Contributor
Contributor

Contacting customer support used to be something I rarely ever needed to. Now that you've changed to an AT&T level of hostility towards your customers, it's needed to do anything at all.

Where's "make a payment"? Conacting customer service to pay you money is clownish. Why not make PayPal as customer friendly as it was? Stealing interest money is the only thing I see that has improved, and that is for you, not the customer.

Login to Me Too

lilly56

Go to your summary page under your paypal balance it says paypal smart connect, click that and it will take to your account so you can make a payment.

Login to Me Too

andrew12
Contributor
Contributor
After contacting Paypal regarding a student account that I could not access, I was told I should have not been on the new PayPal. the solution? not a **bleep** thing was done... I still can't access it.
Login to Me Too

taybey
Contributor
Contributor

@kjz wrote:

HELP!  When I click the Classic site button on the lower left, it only works for 1 page view, then when I go another page its back to "new" look, which I find VERY unfriendly.  HOW do I switch back to Classic view and make it Stick????

PLEASE HELP ME!

Did you find an answer? I hate it too.

Login to Me Too

wajitzumagik
Contributor
Contributor

It's horrible. It took me 40 mins to find out how to tranfer to my bank. arggh

Login to Me Too

caelyneilish

How how how??? I still cant figure it out 😞

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.