Money stolen by PayPal - TWICE!!!

bilaliz
Contributor
Contributor

So I am here to report two counts of money stolen by PayPal in last few months. It does not seem that PayPal is even willing to communicate to resolve the issue or even has any mechanism of appropriately reporting the issue to them.

Count 1

Business account:

June 5th 2016 - Customer buys a digital product ($45.20 including HST) with an Arabic name from my store - PayPal decides to block the payment and asks what the item is, explanation is provided to them both by myself and the client, PayPal goes mum and simply does not respond any further. The item is gone from resolution center, funds are not released.

Email was sent to PayPal compliance department with ZERO acknowledgment. I am considering filing a theft report with police at this time - its not a matter of the amount, i will probably spend several thousand times the actual amount perusing PayPal over this, but it is a matter of client experience and principal.

Count 2:

Personal account:

Dec 05th 2016 - I buy a printer toner on eBay from some one in USA, (~59.xx). Because PayPal has ULTRA GREEDY conversion fees I decide to pay from my Visa Debt which has better conversion fees and I have done many times, the delivery date passes and I do not get the item, I ask the seller and guess what is happening, PayPal is holding the funds without releasing them to the merchant! ZERO notification to me or the seller. I look up PayPal’s number and call them, ZERO willingness to resolve the problem by the agent (Nox) all she can do is give me the same lousy non-responsive looser email address which they wont even allow me to put here.

On this one I am going to call the Visa Debt company to claim my money back. If i fail to get my money back from visa for some reason then for sure police report. Perhaps if other people also had the PayPal Canada CEO charged & arrested for theft they will stop stealing from people.

With these two experiences and a few times that PayPal froze my account to verify my identity (hello, you checked it once .. am i suddenly going to have a face swap??... you retards) I am surely looking for an alternative to implement in my online shop. I will ditch PayPal the moment I find a suitable solution for Canada (or perhaps I will create one) 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bilaliz

ok, try google for alternatives.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.