Holding funds

Shucks81
Contributor
Contributor

Same crap, again a different set of rules. I've had enough. 10 years buying and selling on eBay with no issues except these crooks holding money they have no claim to. This was a 1st, I was told they are going to hold my funds for 3 days after the buyer has the item and has left feedback. This is a new one, I've called and had money released day after delivery, a week after delivery, was told it would be 21 days because I was new (this was a couple months ago).

Are any of the myriad of lawsuits against these guys class action? Now I have a bill that will be late and a fee involved and an auto-pay bill that will overdraw my bank account. 

I have no money and no item, the buyer happily has the item, and PayPal has my money and I pay them fees for this?

Know these people are crooked when you have an issue and they block you from sending them an email.

Enough is enough

sincerely, Noel Shuckhart

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shucks81

ok

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shucks81
Contributor
Contributor

Ok? No, not hardly.

Let me simplify, why is the policy for releasing funds so fluid?

a couple weeks ago they released $70 in a timely fashion, now they won't release $242

what recourse do I have to recover my resulting losses from this?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shucks81

Well your first post did not seem to contain a question so i said ok to clear it from "contribute".

But now you have asked something >>>

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.

Positive feedback is not one of the criteria for early release of funds.

Funds normally released when tracking shows delivery of item + 3 days.

Info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shucks81
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for that link! I meet all the seller criteria by a long shot. Therefore, it states my funds should be available " almost immediately " and not 10 days after delivery or whenever they feel like it depending on the rep. on the phone. So why does this happen?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shucks81

I can only give you general info as an ebay seller myself.

If you need more accurate info pertaining to your paypal account then only paypal customer services can provide it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Shucks81
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately cust. Service is generally where my problem originates and not where it's solved. Is there someone up the food chain that can fix this once and for all? Noel
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shucks81

Yes customer services. You are going "down" the food chain posting on here.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mothermary7
Contributor
Contributor
What if your not a seller and you are getting these funds because you won them why would Pay Pal have to hold my money??
Login to Me Too

FEDUP3
Contributor
Contributor

There is no food chain.  The problems I am reading here along with my own are a clear indication of Pay Pal's complete loss of control.  The manner in which you treat people is reprehensible and your security sucks.  Tell everyone exactly why it is the US government does not not use Pay Pal ? Why is it that US Customs and Border Protection do not accept any payment from vendors who use Pay Pal?  Pay Pal has been blacklisted !!! It is because your security sucks, and yet you have been accusing people left and right that they either are a security risk or have security problems.

Horrible company and BTW you still have $16.89 of mine for a seashell I bought on ebay, and you basically accused me- no you did accuse me of being involved in an illegal transaction or maybe even a terrorist. Unfreakinbelievable !!!!

Pay Pal is worse than McCarthyism and now I have my bank blocking YOU. You are blocked, my cards luckily I have been able to remove and now all I need to do is cancel your stupid credit card which was just a rip off.

Please do not try to convince any of us you are just so great when you pander to the Chinese, it is disgusting.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.