Holding funds

Shucks81
Contributor
Contributor

Same crap, again a different set of rules. I've had enough. 10 years buying and selling on eBay with no issues except these crooks holding money they have no claim to. This was a 1st, I was told they are going to hold my funds for 3 days after the buyer has the item and has left feedback. This is a new one, I've called and had money released day after delivery, a week after delivery, was told it would be 21 days because I was new (this was a couple months ago).

Are any of the myriad of lawsuits against these guys class action? Now I have a bill that will be late and a fee involved and an auto-pay bill that will overdraw my bank account. 

I have no money and no item, the buyer happily has the item, and PayPal has my money and I pay them fees for this?

Know these people are crooked when you have an issue and they block you from sending them an email.

Enough is enough

sincerely, Noel Shuckhart

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

Impledimplepimp
Contributor
Contributor
It's quite simple,you 70 plus dollars wasn't as worth holding as your 200 plus dollars,they are crooks,and unlike you and i,everyone puts up with this illegal **bleep**!
Login to Me Too

Dirtclods
Contributor
Contributor
Haha haha...PayPal customer service will handle it.....hahahahah. No they won't..
Login to Me Too

cl400
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal is notorious for putting a hold on costumers' funds for days and for various money and account issues. PayPal's  actions may be deemed "gross negligence" or an "unsafe or unsound practice" under the law.

PayPal has a "money transmitter license" with different states. In California, for example, PayPal is licensed with the California Department of Business Oversight and is required to follow their rules, the laws and regulations. 

If consumers are having issues with PayPal, such as holding of funds, freezing accounts, closing accounts, etc....  state agencies encourage consumers to file a complaint in order to make sure consumers are protected. 

Once you file a complaint with the state agency, PayPal will be notified by the state department and they are REQUIRED to answer, plus the state department will investigate each complaint to hold them accountable.

If enough complaints are filed for improper activity, the state could initiate sanctions against PayPal.  Meaning, suspend or revoke their license to do business.

File a complaint here: http://www.dbo.ca.gov/Consumers/consumer_services.asp

Helpful Tip: When you call PayPal make sure to the get the person's name and last name at the beginning of the conversation. If the person does not want to give his/her last name, you can then ask for their employee ID no.

This is helpful for complaints and in case you decide to sue PayPal in the future.

Login to Me Too

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

Wow same here. I will use your advise  regarding complain agency. I got the managers from PP and ebay on a tape. (Yes i informed them that im recording them )  

I wish i can put it here but its too long . Got all the info. PP manager just shot him self and pp in the leg.

Thanks and good luck 

Login to Me Too

Meanie2
New Community Member

i am so livid!!! I will never use PayPal to sell again. We sold a trailer at the end of April for $4000.00. First, they would not let the guy pay the entire amount, so he paid $2000.00 that evening, then had to have his wife pay the other $2000.00 3 days later. Okay, that is just wonderful..then they only release $1000.00 of the money. Why? They said only up to $1000.00 per transaction. So why couldn't they release $1000.00 from his wife's payment? Different day, different payee! I called a week ago and talked to an "agent" and she told me as long as I have been a "valued" customer for over 12 years, they would do only a 7 day hold on the funds. So we pay our feed bill (we have a dairy farm)  on Friday, the 7th day. I log on and check, the funds are still not available on Saturday!! I call them and after being on hold for 45 minutes, a "superviser" comes on and says "I'm sorry, she gave you false information, it is a 21 day hold"! Are you freaking kidding me? That's all you have to say? You are using this guys money for 3 weeks in addition to my $116.00 fee! "Oh no, we aren't using his money" BS, it has been taken out of his account, where the **bleep** did it go, then? So, this guy has my trailer and is using it for the next 3 weeks and I have a measly $1000.00!!! "It's for your protection, Ma'am" How in the **bleep** is it for MY protection??? He can dispute this transaction and still get his money back...what if he wrecks my trailer? I would be out a trailer and $4000.00!!! I cannot believe what they are doing is legal!!! And to have one "agent" tell me one thing and another to say "Oh I'm sorry, she was wrong"! I had so many people warn me against using PayPal to do this...I guess I never learn!!!

Login to Me Too

NZT
New Community Member

There is class action lawsuit just settled not too long ago. I think that might be around February or April. It was sent to every person with PayPal account. If you google it will pop up.

https://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/306260-paypal-account-hold-class-action...

I am just furious everytime I think about what they were doing and it is becoming like a nation without law.

Do you think PayPal is just a plain stupid guy running on the streets. They are the biggest crooks we have ever knew. That is the reason eBay and Paypal became one and now split to make two different entities. The reason is the sellers will be more miserable as the two company employees are going to read the script infront and bounce the sellers around.

I mostly buy on eBay and sell very few items because I cannot  take all their BS crappy game. I try to contact the seller directly and arrange payment via credit cards but the sellers are seriously retarded that they just say we will not deal outside eBay at all.

I just ignored those retards as stupid dumb F***ed airheads.

I made a purchase on July 15th and paid the invoice via PP. After I paid the person I realized that invoice is less than the cost so the supplier cancelled the transaction and refunded in less than 5 minutes. They issued me a new invoice and paid them. Everything took less than 10 minutes. Now the PayPal is hiolding every fund coming in as there was one item requested for return in June. I accepted the return and the seller started to play game as they know they can get a free laptop. I spent more than 10k on PayPal per month and incoming is less than $3000 in every 3 months. Now I am not using Paypal to pay for stuffs.

If people realized if we all stop using their *bleep* service and mentality no matter how big the company or their title, it will collapse. 

Americans need to wake up and realized. I am done with paypal and we removed PayPal payment from our website. I would not deal with the stupid people they think they are in control of everything in our finance.

http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Login to Me Too

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

PP have millons in our money on hold. Class auction not boder them its not there money any way.

Need to close them down if they cannot follow by there own policy. 

Yesterday PP had a nice jump on the wall street , there stocks went UP .  If your bank account full with "EXTRA " millions its always looks good. 

Login to Me Too

1stdigla
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. 100% feedback since 2009. Im getting legal help. You should to. You not getting help here beware of the ADVISORS, Its Paypal people trying to blame on you. They doing the same to me. Dont give up no matter whats the ammount on hold. They got me on $1800 + 

Login to Me Too

jdnature8
New Community Member
I mailed my item to the buyer immediately. She was happy. Paypal has my checking account info. Still no payment for the item I sold. So i am really mad. What can I do to get my money deposited in my account? It has been 21 days
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jdnature8

Firstly ignore the comments above, advisors DO NOT work for paypal and I for one would not want to.

We are just ebay or website sellers that help out voluntarily on here.

But confused re your post, firstly when a buyer pays it is credited to your paypal balance and not your bank account. Once the payment has cleared then its up to you to withdraw it to any bank account you have linked to your paypal account.

Also those funds even if on hold would still SHOW in your paypal account balance but have pending by them.

So can you confirm a few details of the transaction (without giving away any personal info), eg international or ebay or website etc etc And state of funds etc and what email confirmation did you get .

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.