Held Hostage by Paypal

wild1951
Contributor
Contributor

I never opened a Paypal account and don't want one. But, someone one got opened for me. Paypal had no phone number, no customre service and nobody to talk to to solve any problems. So this morning I decided to dedicate my time to trying to understand paypal. I tried to creat an account. Sure enough, it said I already had one which means somehow paypal hijacked my email (one I've had for many years). So, I tried to log in and said I forgot my password (something any 3rd rate hacker can do). by golly it let me in simply by creating a new password. So now I'm into an account I never created. I decided to fill in some of the data to see if it would let me link a credit card (something I can cancel if things go bad). Can't do that. Paypal demands bank information. And NOT just account inforamtion: they want login id and password. Really? Do you think I was born yesterday? So, I say to myself: "This is not a good thing. Close the account." Guess what. You got it. I can't close the account.

All this happened because I wanted to buy a dog collar from a vendor that just uses paypal. Easy solution, right? Don't buy the dog collar.

But, how in the heck to I get away from paypal? If I have to I'll get an attorney and sue them for steeling my data but I'd rather not do this. Can anybody tell me how to cut these gusy loose or are you all so drunk on paypal that you don't know how to do it either?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wild1951

As you are so rude go find the answer yourself.

No one opens a paypal account ''for you'', YOU opened one and you are either too immature or too ignorant to understand how it works.

I would certainly have helped you but then i would have to be drunk to do so wouldn't i.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wild1951
Contributor
Contributor

As I thought: you don't know how to get away from Paypal. Thanks for the reply though. It helps me build my case. Cheers

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@wild1951

Easy enough to close your account folks do it all the while, but then they are normally sensible enough to know they have opened one in the first place.

Ask nicely and you would get help, be rude and you don't.

Enjoy ''building your case''     Smiley Wink

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jojobe71

if someone makes a statement like that its either help them or say nothing. your comment is more rude than his! He probably made an account that he forgot about or was possibly hacked. Its help him with contact numbers and what to do in case of fraud or say nothing!

Login to Me Too

jojobe71

@kernowlass wrote:

@wild1951

As you are so rude go find the answer yourself.

No one opens a paypal account ''for you'', YOU opened one and you are either too immature or too ignorant to understand how it works.

I would certainly have helped you but then i would have to be drunk to do so wouldn't i.

Bye

if someone makes a statement like that its either help them or say nothing. your comment is more rude than his! He probably made an account that he forgot about or was possibly hacked. Its help him with contact numbers and what to do in case of fraud or say nothing!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jojobe71

Disagree, if someone asks for help politely and not accusing folks of

''Can anybody tell me how to cut these gusy loose or are you all so drunk on paypal that you don't know how to do it either?''

then I will and have gone out of my way to find the info and talk them through procedures. But if someone posts a question rudely and without a please or thank you in site then I retain the right to reply in kind so that next time they may be more polite.

But then why did you bother to reply as you have not helped him at all??  Maybe when you have saved just one little person from being scammed you may have a right to have a pop at me, until then......................you will be ignored.

Bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

blueovalz
Contributor
Contributor

Wow...great response. Perhaps you need to reassess the purpose of you presence, and your response. Sounds like you are more interested in correcting poor or justifiably frustrated behavior, than in actually assisting someone.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@blueovalz

Wow...great response. Perhaps you need to reassess the purpose of you presence, and your response.

Maybe when you have helped just one person on this forum you may, just may have the right to an opinion on my posts.

Until then   ...

bye

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.