Feedback about PayPal Here

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone!

While the general release of this product has not yet begun, some of the members who are participating in our limited initial release have valuable feedback that can help us improve the product.

Questions about the product and troubleshooting requests should be posted in the PayPal Here Questions and Troubleshooting thread in the Help Forum.

Thank you for your participation! 🙂

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too
379 REPLIES 379

aaexpert
Contributor
Contributor

How can the Samsung Galaxy S3 be the worlds most popular sold cell phone and PAYPAL doesnt have it available to use, yet the last model s2 is ok??  Thats like not making it available for the new iphones, but ok for the older ones.

I need to know WHEN its going to be available along with millions of others im sure would like to know.  ??

Login to Me Too

RMSDirect
New Community Member

I just got the Samsung Galaxy S3 2 weeks ago and PayPal Here App does not install as it is NOT COMPATIBLE, What BS for a corporation like PayPal. Will be losing a lot of customers if swiper cannot be used on S3.

Quick action needed by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kisxena
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

Yes, I reviewed the list before I bought my phone. Like I had mentioned in the original post, since my provider no longer sells the Samsung Galaxy S II, which the S III replaced it....it would make sense to me that an upgrade version would be compatible.

I think the developers need to get up to speed with what is currently out there.

I have no plans to return my phone and search for a used S II just to use PayPal Here!

Login to Me Too

SFFOA
Contributor
Contributor

I am a little fustrated that I have accepted several transaction but can not find a way of entering the buyer's info before submitting the payment.  In Paypal the cc number does not show up and its proven to be difficult to match the transactions with the buyer as the sales are always the same amount??

Any suggestions????.

Login to Me Too

upset-user
Contributor
Contributor

I actually have 2 questions for the MOD

Does paypal gain interest on pending transactions and money holds?  

And if they do how much do they make in interest this way a year?

Login to Me Too

CookbookLady
Contributor
Contributor

A very good question upset-user!

Funds are  'held' for 21 days as a 'rolling reserve' and then when you are able to transfer it to your account you have to wait another 3 to 5 days.

This means Paypal is holding your funds for almost a month, is Paypal earning interest on my money??

Is this legal??

Why isnt there simply a minimum acount balance to cover any refunds or paybacks rather than tying up every payment for 30 days.

Also, as the triangle is useless here in Australia for most of our cards as they have a chip rather than a swipe now , ALL of my transactions end up tied up for 30 days before I can access funds!

Again, I am asking, did Paypal do their research here before they released Paypal Here in Australia???

Login to Me Too

Bobin704
Contributor
Contributor

I would't get to excited, as it most likly wont work! 😞 

Login to Me Too

MaCro

Please provide documentation on how to use check scanning and how to endorse, cancel, and handle the checks once scanned, and how "bounced" checks are handled and any fees charged.

Thanks,
MaCro

Login to Me Too

Filadelfos_RC
Contributor
Contributor

The fact that this reader doesn't work on the SGS3 is a complete joke.  Especially since I found the app in Google Play, downloaded it, signed up through the phone, and then got the reader (which it took 2 weeks to receive).  Tried swiping some cards, it wouldn't work. 

Went to the market to see if there was an update... can't find the app at all, apparently it no longer shows up for S3 users... even though it's already installed!  What a joke!  Searched google for 2 seconds and found LOTS of complaints from S3 users about PPH not working on this phone.

I went out to Staples & bought the Square reader for $10 & downloaded the free app.  I then went to their website, input the code that came with the device, and the $10 was instantly deposited into my checking account, making the entire deal FREE and available to me the instant I decided to try it.  Swiped a test transaction on my own CC beautifully and appeared in my bank account the next day....

PayPal people...  You've got some REAL COMPETITION in this phone based transaction market.  It's not a monopoly like your online payment method.  You need to get your act together or you'll never maky any inroads in this fast growing new segment.  Then, all you need is for Square, or one of the other companys (even Intuit is in the game!) to start their own online 'paypal' type of processing and you'll start bleeding customers & revenue pretty quickly.

Bill

Login to Me Too

Filadelfos_RC
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to download the app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 several weeks ago.  I didn't register on it right away, but when I finally did it took about 2 weeks to get the reader in the mail.  Got the reader, and it won't scan cards.  Went to the market to look for an update & couldn't even find the app... it is now invisible to S3's i guess?  Which is dumb since I have it installed already!  Searched google for 2 seconds and found LOTS of complaints from S3 users about PPH not working on this phone.

Anyway... this is a poor rollout in many ways.  Here is an example of how it should work:

I went to staples and bought the square reader for $10.  I got home & downloaded their app.  I went online and input the code in the box for the reader & they instantly deposited the $10 back into my checking account.  I test scanned a card & rang through a $1 purchase from my own CC and it worked great. 

That is how PayPal should be rolling out this service, not having people download a faulty app & then wait 2-3 weeks to receive the reader.

PPH should also work on the SGS3 by now, the other major options do (Square, Intuit GoPayment).  There are several small players out there too, but I haven't tried any of them.  I want PPH, but until then I'll be using Square.

PayPal people...  You've got some REAL COMPETITION in this phone based transaction market.  It's not a monopoly like your online payment method.  You need to get your act together or you'll never maky any inroads in this fast growing new segment.  Then, all you need is for Square, or one of the other companies (even Intuit is in the game!) to start their own online 'paypal' type of processing and you'll start bleeding customers & revenue pretty quickly.

Bill

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.