my phone number considered invalid. Unable to contact support, horrible customer service

mibbit
New Community Member

I have been trying to contact paypal for over a week now. I need to update my phone number to either my Thai or Hong Kong number but am told that my number is invalid.

I have tried calling customer service and get immediately hung up on, possibly because my number is not recognized. 

When I attempt to use the messaging support service it tells me how to update my adress, OBVIOUSLY NOT WHAT I WANT. The ticket is quite straight forward.

This customer service has been attrocious and you have taken my money from and I have no way to access it. I cannot believe what I have gone through to manage my own money using your service.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mibbit

Nothing to do with anyone here, this is a user to user help forum.

If you would like other ways to contact them then feel free to ask nicely.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wermrnmrsb
New Community Member

He wasn't rude.  He was asking nicely.  Don't be so thinned-skinned.  PayPal does have horrible customer service.  Why do you think so many "I Hate PayPal" sites exist???  *PayPal was the subject of a massive class action law suit last year over the way they treat their customers.

Login to Me Too

metspasov
New Community Member

I agree, they have horrible service to say the least. Also the verification system is full of errors and bugs like this. Too bad they have such a big market share... I hope this changes in near future!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.