Unbelievable customer service support! PayPal NIGHTMARE

R-rito
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a PayPal user since 2001, so one day out of the blue I received a notification that my debit card had deactivated. I logged in to find out that my account had been put on limitation. I called customer support and they informed me that my account has been put on restriction, because the "Compliance" department needed to verify my non-profit status. I informed the representifive, that was a mistake, as I am not a non-profit, I just sell goods on eBay and my own website.

To make matters worse, its been over 3 weeks, I am unable to purchase raw goods and parts, refund existing customers, ship orders via USPS, purchase items on eBay, etc. My entire buisness has come to a halt.

I have emailed several times, and called customer support nearly a dozen times. All with the same result, the "Compliance" department needs to address your account. I have asked to be transfered to them or have their phone number, and I am told that that department does not allow direct contact.

So to clarify, PayPal locked my account for no-reason, and does not allow me to contact anyone who can assist me in addressing their mistake and fixing it. This is the most unbelieable customer service I have ever seen. To me, this is almost akin to theft.

Does anyone have any advice?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

eatthekidsfirst
Contributor
Contributor
I was appalled by one eBay seller whose profile flaunted: "the best part is, No Sales Tax." Well it is called 'Use Tax' in our state and is always paid in some form or another with every purchase, but if you had not collected immediately nor reported it as income for an in-state purchase, I figure you got stooled on.
Login to Me Too

eatthekidsfirst
Contributor
Contributor
Last, just follow bouncing-balls. If PaisaPay(R) wants proof, ask them to FAX you the list of approved registration forms. Why not register yourself for realzies as a not-for-profit organization? Seminary at an accredited christian church is only 300 $a yr. in Beaufort SC, up to Master's degree instruction. Or play dumber2 and ask for a credit-line increase. Your call. In foolish desperation I would remove the debit card in question from my list of funding sources and pay raw-materials as guest, but Murphy's Law @ PalPay(r)-restriction could then not allow its readdition to your list of funding sources, but you could test the waters by attempting to add any checking account(routing&account#). -Jab and read, jab and read.
Login to Me Too

eatthekidsfirst
Contributor
Contributor
I also see the mention of "raw materials". There is another thing called Customs Duties, VAT when ordering from overseas. Too many chinese "gifts" from Alibaba in Hong Kong I wonder? Better pay the coastal Customs House a visit and make some friends.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.