Syrian Family

Canadianwoman
New Community Member

Hello, all.

I am a Canadian, living in Canada. Today, I received a PayPal marketing email, inviting me to support Syrian refugees, and offering to add 1% to every donation made.  The photo attached was of a Syrian family, all dressed in brand new clothes paid for by Canadian taxpayers (2nd highest personal marginal tax rates IN THE WORLD): a couple with their SEVEN children.  I am very excited to think that, thanks to generous donations, they will now be able to afford to have a few more children, all of whom will live off the generous benefits my country provides.

Apparently, this lovely opportunity is being offered to me as it is "World Refugee Day."  So, my question is, when in the calendar does "Fire Victims Day" fall  - when we can donate to those CANADIANS hurt by the Fort McMurray Fires, and expect PayPal to add to our donations?  How about "Folks struggling to remain in the middle class, while Trudeau flies in swarms of so-called refugees Day?"  I know plenty of people who can scarcely pay their bills, but our current government doesn't care about them, and neither does Pay Pal.  Just wondering when we can expect PayPal to pay for me to have my second child.

Thanks! 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Canadianwoman

Yeah they don't deserve anything do they >>>   Smiley Sad

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lynzybilling/where-syrian-children-sleep?utm_term=.eyaB6LlzR6#.arVwbyrl2b

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Espen_83
Contributor
Contributor

High finance doesn't think that those people matter since they are for the most part whites.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.