Re: Suddenly unable to use my debit card to make purchases through Paypal

Moc
Contributor
Contributor

Similar problem is ruining my e-bay/paypal experience.  After many years of using both successfully, suddenly I get a message indicating that my payment cannot be processed at this time - Error Message 10486  

I have seen nowhere on this site elucidating the nature of this particular error message.  I strongly suggest two things for Paypal.

First, acknowledge that you can have a glitch on your end of the deal.  My bank did NOT get any sort of electronic communication from Paypal making the request to withdraw funds.  Therefore, error 04 - something one of your reps got,  is something on Paypal's servers, completely unrelated to my card, my bank, or my account. Perhaps it would be fair to have paypal send the sellers I owe money to an acknowledgement that there is something wrong with the paypal system and it is not the fault of the customer.

Second, hire some people who actually know what they are doing.  Customer service is only as good as the training of the representatives.  If you are an IT intensive business, your reps ought to have some clue about IT.  It makes your company look very bad when they botch a call by giving wrong answers, giving impossible answers, or going around and around with a customer.

I have had a 100% rating on e-bay practically since there has been an e-bay.  If I lose that rating because of something Paypal has done, I am going to be exceedingly upset, perhaps litigious.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.