Re: PayPal Here doesn't work with Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime?

Wootie
Contributor
Contributor

Well here I am again, 8 months later with an update...I have a small pile of the card readers here on my desk, including one that just arrived today.  The problem still exists.

My wife also has a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime phone - same thing.  Several crard readers, 2 phones, same problem.

And again, the problem is *only* with PayPal.  Other payment services' dongles work just fine.

I talked to PP support - the first person I talked to was unable to offer any help, other than sending another dongle.  Or suggesting that I buy their bluetooth thing for $150.  Which is a massive non-starter, considering the small number of times a year that we actually need to use the service...and considering that everyone else's free dongle works just fine.

I asked to talk to a supervisor, and got the same message from him - although he actually said that they were working on phasing out the free headphone dongle all together, and at some point in the future will only be using the $150 bluetooth thing.

So apparently PayPal is so bad at making a headphone dongle that works, they're abandoning the private user/small business market all together.  Because only a business with a considerable amount of mobile CC purchases could even possibly consider $150 for a reader to be a reasonable proposition.

So there you go.  PayPal isn't interested in our business.  And they admit that they're forcing us to switch to someone else.  Yay.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.