PAYPAL CREDIT HELP! ABOUT TO CANCEL MY ACCOUNT IF ITS NOT RESOLVED

JeremyChilik141
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I really fed up with PayPal service I apply for credit and try to use it for mulitipal payments and tells me its not avaiable eventhough I qualify for 3 thousand worth of credit! I spoke to reps about this and they don;t know what the **bleep** they are doing because the problems still NOT FIXED! I tried making many Ebay purchases but none of them will process using my Credit line! Are you people that dense that  it takes you so many times for you to fix the problems.

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

If it makes you happy, you may be better served by cancelling your account.

Login to Me Too

Judith123
Contributor
Contributor

My only suggestion is check your emails -- spam, junk folders, inbox.

Is there a Verification Email you were supposed to click on?  (PayPal has to know the email(s) you use are reliable.)

If you linked a bank account (and/or, credit card?), was it confirmed?  (I think that's done through emails.)  Check your Account Profile, Info, etc., and make sure everything that needs to be Verified, or Confirmed, is so.  

Login to Me Too

Germdb05
Contributor
Contributor
The same thing has happened to me and I have also Called and spoke to reps! I was approved for 3,500.00 and yet I still receive a message stating my payment can't be processed
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just because you were approved for a maximum amount doesn't mean you can immediately spend large somes for initial purchases.

Login to Me Too

Germdb05
Contributor
Contributor
I understand stand that. I was trying to use it at target to buy a baby gift. It was a total of 75.00
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

For promotional rates purchases need to be over $99.  Furthermore, it may not be available at all locations.

Login to Me Too

mccoytoshipley
Contributor
Contributor

For what it's worth, my wife's having the exact same problem, and a quick search of this forum shows that this problem is nothing new. She recently applied for PayPal Credit, and was approved for a few thousand dollars, but no option exists on any website which would allow her to use the apparently-approved funds. On the very same websites (and for the very same purchases), when I log in with my PayPal account, the option to use PayPal Credit magically appears (though I didn't get approval to increase my limit, so that option isn't exactly a solution).

We called PayPal twice yesterday, and both representatives put my wife through the security verification process, and said that the credit would show up 5 minutes after the respective calls. Well, 24 hours has passed, and it's still not showing up for purchases. We've tried placing a wealth of different totals into our carts, ranging anywhere from $50 to $1000, but nothing would "force" the PayPal Credit option to show. So, it's now my understanding that my wife has a credit account of several thousand available dollars, but has absolutely no way to use them. We've gone through each and every PayPal e-mail (including those in "spam") to confirm everything, and have updated and linked even more to her account than mine -- Nothing has changed.

Does anyone have a reasonable solution for this? Is this going to take days to clear up? Weeks? Should we be asking for our situation to be escalated when we call in? Is there anything we can do in the settings area of the account? At this point, an answer from someone who knows what they're talking about is all we're asking for... It feels like we're literally out of options, other than just hoping everything fixes itself at some point. I've been loyal to PayPal for many years, but seeing this much cluelessness over something so crucial is just asinine. What should we be doing?

Login to Me Too

WipedOut
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mccoytoshipley,

To say it best I will simply say that if a company truly wants your business they will do whatever it takes to listen to your needs and meet them.  Unless you are strapped for cash and just need the funds for whatever reason I think  you should step back and take into account the hoops you have jumped through while seemingly no one cares to fix the issue.  If you had a real issue with the account would you want to deal with these same people to solve it (such as fraud related)?  You are beating down PP's door to give them business but are they grateful for that business is what you need to ask yourself.  There is nothing we can do to help you on this end, again if they value your business they would correct the issue on their end by listening working with you to do so.

Have a good day bro

Login to Me Too

mccoytoshipley
Contributor
Contributor

WipedOut,

Thanks for the follow-up.

Believe me: Applying for the credit, receiving the solid approval, and being able to immediately fund our purchase seemed far too good to be true -- Life is never that easy for us! That said (and without getting into specifics), there aren't a whole lot of alternatives for us right now, and the window to make the aforementioned purchase is small, so this seemed to be the most realistic/likely option at this point.

I appreciate your thoughts though, and will once again weigh the limited options we have.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.