Paypal Extras MasterCard doesn't like big payments

LearnedMyLesson
New Community Member

I recently received my tax refund.

Every single time I have ever made a payment to my PayPal Extras MasterCard from my checking account I have been able to access the funds right away, 24/7.  This morning I made a larger than usual payment as a result of my tax refund, which has cleared my bank.  The entire payment has been placed on hold.  SO I called customer service.  Surely, if I had made a smaller payment this wouldn't have happened.

Surely customer service could eith reduce my payment or split it into two or something.  Nope.  Nothing they can do.  I'm stuck with no access to even $1 of my payment amount for 48 hours.

I may just cancel my account as a result of this.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hi LearnedMyLesson,

Welcome to the Community.

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. Sometimes when a larger payment is made for security reasons we may want the payment to clear the bank before the money is made available to use.

If the payment takes longer than expected to clear feel free to contact us directly on Facebook or Twitter or click the Contact link at the bottom of the PayPal.com.

-Misty

Login to Me Too

leesburgmeadows
New Community Member

I also have a simular problem. I made a large payment to my credit card. The payment has cleared the bank and the PayPal site is showing the payment reflected in the current balance. however, my available credit has not been changed to reflect the payment. I may need to use this card during an upcoming trip and made the large payment with that in mind.

Login to Me Too

sourceone
New Community Member

hi, just trying to figuar out paypal credit i was happy to receive an open line for $500 i used it , then when billing came i paid it off !!! and i was left with no available credit ? i was hoping to get a $1000-1500 credit line to use for my business but i guess i was wrong ? humm i have been a member since 2001, and seems paypal and ebay have made plenty of money from me being a buyer and seller and from my web site ,maybe its time to move on and find a source for a merchant provider else where, banks are not giving loans, and i really think being with paypal and ebay this long should be a good sign i'm not going anywhere, if someone outthere knows of something that at least reaches out a little let me know ? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.