PayPal closes Dispute even with shipping evidence provided

my2al
New Community Member

At the end of December. A foreign buyer an item I listed on ebay auction.  I shipped it, buyer claims he did not receive it and opened a PayPal dispute.  I uploaded proof of shipping.  Two days later PayPal says they never received the proof of shipping and closes the dispute in favor of buyer.  After contacting PayPal I now have to fax the shipping proof.  And PayPal has withdrawn the payment from my account.  The buyer has all the protection from PayPal.  The seller is at the mercy of PayPal with no protection.  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

Because they don't read it at all. They are not interesting in helping or sorting it out.

I started replying to the dispute like this:

"2/25/2012 21:24 PST - Seller: Item was not shipped, because shipping to ............."

So 3 days after the I escalated it to claim, I got an email saying:

"Unfortunately, the information you supplied is insufficient for us to track
the shipment of the merchandise.

Please contact us at ............. with the following
details so we can track the shipment to resolve the complaint as soon as
possible:
1.  The name of the shipping company;
2.  The website where the shipment can be tracked;
3.  Any other details that you feel may be helpful to track the shipment.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.

Sincerely,
PayPal Complaint Resolution"

Login to Me Too

dnltolman
Contributor
Contributor

its really clear they are all about the buyer ... not here to help the seller at all ...

Login to Me Too

dnltolman
Contributor
Contributor

I feel for you, I do, I totally understand.  My buyer was also foreign and has all the rights,  my emails I sent to them apparently fell on deaf ears, no one cares, buyers have NO rights with paypal ... they took my money including all fees and such from my account and that's the end, she wins AND still has the doll ... I am very upset with them right now too ... but we seem to have no rights ... 

Login to Me Too

duil
New Community Member

My foreign buyer also opened a case and won.  She chose the first-class mail bec. of cost even when i notified her that it has unknown delivery date.  Post office informed me that it has no control over the delivery method and time of the foreign country.  The website tracking shows it left United States.  It has been about 40 days to Australia.  I do have the post office receipt showing shipped date and destination to Australia.  Not worth appealing paypal decision?????  It doesn't seem fair, especially when i had to make two payment requests to this buyer before receiving payment.

Login to Me Too

LessUse
Contributor
Contributor

Not really. They don't want proof of shipment. It's also all automatic, as I just went through it, so I know.

"You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4."

Login to Me Too

dnltolman
Contributor
Contributor

do you know if it went to Australia by boat ?   alot of the time things do, and it takes at least 3 months !   ask me why I know ... lol   had this one happen same place, then I never could get the money back either, so she got the goods and kept her money !     made me real mad !

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.