NO BUYER PROTECTION!! BEWARE!!

Livid1
Contributor
Contributor

I have been with paypal for many years now and the one time I need help with  2 items I purchased (from china) the seller sent me items that were not even close to what I ordered, and not made right on top of that! Open a dispute, after seller offered a fraction of a refund on what I spent I escalated to claim and now paypal tells me I HAVE TO SHIP ITEMS BACK TO CHINA AT MY EXPENSE in order to recieve my refund!?  how is this fair that a scam seller sends me things I did not order and damaged and I have to pay out the wazoo to ship it back?! Glad this happened, now I DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY ANYMORE, knowing if I ever buy something and get sent scraps I am stuck with it...THANKS PAYPAL...CLOSE MY ACCOUNT AND RIP OFF SOMEONE ELSE!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Livid1

Paypal offer buyer protection but it is up to you to read up on it to make sure you qualify.

So in the event of an item received but not as described dispute it is often one persons word against another, so paypal tend to find for the buyer BUT they have to send the item back to the seller before they get a refund.

If YOU choose to buy from a UK business then that business has to refund return postage if the item was not as described.

But if YOU choose to buy from a private seller or try and get a cheap item from China then thats the risk you take.

Not paypals fault you did not bother to read the small section on buyer protection BEFORE you started buying.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Livid1
Contributor
Contributor

It was a buisness, from china, NOT A private seller....and it wasn't cheap, if it was I would chalk it up as a loss. don't assume, I been a buyer many years and am not dumb enough to buy from "private" sellers.  So before you point blame at me for not reading the fine print get al the facts first. You must work for paypal as I can tell by your attitude, if not, then WHEN they **bleep** with you one day, and they will, remember your words.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Livid1

Yes it was a business in China where you have no comeback to file a claim in the small claims court which you would have done if it had been a UK registered business.

I can only point out the FACTS and those are IF you had read up on buyer protection you would have known that you have to send the item back BEFORE you got a refund. YOU decided to buy internationally........so your fault, I'm afraid so.

As for working for paypal, amazing thats a first Smiley Very Happy

So  because I don't agree with you and point out that you have got yourself into this mess i must work for them..........very original......not.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

FROM PAYPALS HELP PAGES >>>>>>>>>>.

Comply with PayPal’s shipping requests in a timely manner. For Significantly Not as Described (SNAD) Claims, PayPal may require you, at your expense, to ship the item back to the Seller, PayPal, or a third party and to provide proof of delivery.

There you go not too hard to read was it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Fashonline
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

@Livid1

You know the easy way... go file a claim with the credit card company.

Apperntly the credit company don't follow Paypal's terms, and they don't care if you ship back the goods or not.

2 sides to this coin I guess.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.