Is this an old scam

Zachry
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

Have I been scammed by Paypal or UPS?

After doing some research I have come across something very shocking.

I have been experiencing missing money from my Paypal account everytime UPS complete's an authorization for a shipping charge.

Example Below

1# The label cost is 10$, I purchase & print the label, the $10 is deducted from my Paypal Balance which is now $90 from an exisiting $100.

2# The authorization is pending although please note the $10 has already been removed from my account please note that as it is a very important part of this fraud.

3# The authorization is completed after an "X" amount of time after the package has been delivered and a new charge is deducted!! Yes a new charge is deducted usually a smaller amount than the $10 like $9.89 for example. Please note my new balance is now $80.11! Yes I have been double charged for the same label. After doing some research like I said this was a big problem in 2011 and now it seems to have restarted in 2012. Is anyone else experiencing this scam?

In very simple terms this is what they're doing:

Customer: Hey UPS I want to ship this package, how much will it cost if I purchase it online?

UPS: $10.00

Customer: Great! Here is your $10 (UPS takes the money)

UPS: Hey, we delivered your package and guess what it will only cost you $9.89

Customer: Perfect! (UPS takes $9.89)

Customer: Hey wait!! Don't I get the $10.00 back that you originally charged me to ship the package?

UPS: Yeah, we gave that back to you just follow the long and confusing paper trail we made for you.

Customer: I did and it seems like you gave the $10.00 back.... but my Paypal Balance says otherwise.

UPS: You must of bought another item or transferred the money out

Customer: No, I didn't do either of those things

UPS: Yes you did because you're missing $10.00

Customer: I know you double charged me!

UPS: No sir you're mistaken.

Customer: "Reports scam to Paypal forums"

This isn't actual dialogue but rather an example of what happens. This has happened to well over 100 people after reading some old topics in 2011. Is this scam happening to anyone else?

Zachry

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.