Hacked account and Unauthorized transactions: My experience so far (is this normal?)

SGodithi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

On July 11-12th, midnight... we charged $12 on paypal... then went to bed. 

Next morning, we went about our normal day till 2pm when we got a call from our bank saying there are some suspicious activity going on in our account. We looked at them, they were all paypal related... so we asked them to considered them as fraud.

then we logged in to paypal, we saw a bunch of transactions from 5 am onwards... so immediately i called paypal and put a dispute claim on all those transactions.

Some 12 transactions were under dispute.... 

10 days later, we get emails about the claims.... 9 of them are fine and processed in our favor. 3 transactions were denied.

I have been trying to resolve them since then but to no luck. One day i spent 3 hrs passed from one department to another until i started shouting and asking for supervisor... and the supervisor told me, that its happening because of some chargebacks related problems with my bank as my bank did not pay or took a refund or some such thing and that it all will be resolved in a day or two...

Now I get a statement from Paypal Credit asking me to pay $93+ by Aug 17th... Of Course, I called. After couple of transfers and my insistence on no more transfers, I get one guy from disputes willing to go thru transactions line by line.

now he says one of them has some proof of conversation on stream or some such, and other two claims, he doesnt know why they denied my claim... he said he will add some inquiries to those transactions..

I went to activity center and downloaded all the activities in my account for the whole year into Excel.

When I went thru the activities, I found something very interesting....

All the claims of transactions which went thru by my bank or my debit card.... have been judged in my Favor

All the claims of transactions Which went thru PAYPAL CREDIT are denied.

That makes me think something is seriously wrong with the way they do dispute resolutions.

Now what should I do next? Am i supposed to call them back everyday and do the shuffle between PAYPAL CREDIT, PAYPAL Dispute RESOLUTION, PAYPAL BACK CHARGEBACK and PAYPAL Customer service people TILL I Drop dead?

I want to know how 9 transactions are judged as unauthorised and three are not... how come my bank had a better handle on fraud detection and responded proactively and why PAYPAL didnt? 

Should I cancel my paypal account? How do I cancel my account?

is my case the norm when dealing with paypal customer service?

Sunil

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SGodithi

No idea what you should do apart from sort it with customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SGodithi
Contributor
Contributor

is shuttling the customers from one department to other without really listening to the whole story NORMAL? or just my luck

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SGodithi

From what we have been hearing on here recently about customer services, it is getting more normal.

No one seems to actually want to grab on to a problem and solve it.     Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SGodithi
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.