Dispute resolution - appeal

mcn1310
Contributor
Contributor

I Recently sold an item to an ebay buyer who was not UK based but registered as a UK buyer.

I sent the item and got proof of postage from the Royal Mail. Two days after posting i receieved an email from Ebay to advise not to send the item as the buyer was reporting "suspicious" activity.

Immediately after the buyers ebay account was closed he raised a dispute and then claim for the item as "not received".

I followed through the paypal process and supplied detail including proof of postage.

I have found out today that the dispute was settled in the buyers favour!! despite the proof and the suspicious buyer ? I am amazed but dont know where to go next ? the reolstuion centre doesnt let me appeal as i have already posted proof of purchase. I have spoken to Ebay who stated it is a Paypal issue and paypal wont speak to me as the case is closed.

I have been with ebay and paypal for 10 years plus and i cannot believed the treatment and decision

Any help Please ?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcn1310

Proof of postage is not proof of delivery.

If you can't supply a tracking number to prove the item was delivered to the buyers paypal registered address then you would lose any claim.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mcn1310
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting feedback then and something I never knew.

the non UK buyer sent me the details on the cost and how to send.

maybe eBay should update their suggested post costs as proof of delivery (recorded or equivalent) costs extra and this is never put in the suggested delivery costs.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcn1310

Ebay advises you on postage costs, its you that decides if you want to send trackable or not.

If you did not receive an item you ordered would you be happy if your seller said sorry got proof i posted it so your problem???

If i CHOOSE to send non trackable and an item does not arrive then my buyers get a refund as it was my risk and not theirs.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

mcn1310
Contributor
Contributor

Conversely would you be happy if you had sent something correctly and then had been advised by eBay NOT to send as the buyer was suspicious and their eBay account was closed. The buyer immediately then raised a claim as a point. 

facts are are that the buyer set up a UK account fraudently (ebays point not mine) and then when the account was closed claimed through PayPal to get back at eBay and I am out of pocket because of this.

considering the detail I was surprised that PayPal found in the buyers favour considering the bigger picture.

the hurry also send me an email with eBay header which I found out afterwards wasn't an official eBay detail but a template providing his details.

ebay has to share some blame as they let the buyer setup a fraudent account and then warned me to late as I had sent the item

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mcn1310

Sending correctly = trackable.

Ebay and paypal provide you with seller protection just for scenarios such as this.

You CHOSE to negate that seller protection by not sending trackable.........your choice.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.