Class Action Lawsuit 2016

Samsunguy2016
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone else get this? I got an email from PP an hour ago. Titled:  "Zepeda v. PayPal."

Another Link: http://topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/306260-paypal-account-hold-c...

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

abimonroe
New Community Member

Yes, I got this too.  Came here to see if it was a scam!  Thanks for the info.

Login to Me Too

chrislong
New Community Member

Who can please tell me if this class action lawsuit is for real.Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

CorporateThief
Contributor
Contributor

I don't doubt it at all and depending on what my attorney says I may get in on it. I have a completely different issue other than the unfair holds that I have also experienced. I am getting ready write a blog but wanted to mention incase no one was aware... If PayPal goes into your checking account and removes or reverses funds through the ACH reversal check this is illegal and you can file a police report for fraud or theft. I filed my report yesterday.

I was also denied an my right to an arbitration process via the supervisor that was on duty yesterday. February 10th, 2016. I am also in Indiana which is a one party state so I have hours of recorded footage proving my case.

I would suggest people find a different payment processor, free, as I have quickly realized and should have known, is not better. Secondly if PayPal has taken money from your checking account without your knowledge during an active disputing process this is illegal and you can go down to your local police department and file theft or fraud charges. Please be advised you can also file small claims suits in your local area within the  guidelines of your state or county.

You can always record someone no matter what and you do not have to tell them. This is your right do not let anyone tell you different. BUT if you are in a 1 party state you can record a party with the consent of at least one party involved in the recorded discussion and this is admissable in a court of law in a one party state.

Almost $2,000.00 was stolen out of my account by PayPal. Long story and you wouldn't believe me if I told you but fortunately I have it ALL ON TAPE. Take screen shots of any discrpeencies in your accounts. Print or save and email correspondences between you and PayPal. Record all phone calls. Please be advised of your state laws on recording. If you tell them at the beginning of the phone call that they are being recorded than it is legal. I told PayPal this several times over the course of the week and they still talked to me.

Cover yourselves and STOP supporting PayPal in any way shape or form. You would be safer just using Intuit or paying for a legit payment processor. Free is not worth it when your subjecting yourselves to thieves who believe they are above the law. Trust me I have used PayPal for a while and I know.

Login to Me Too

colrmancyn
I did...but I don't understand it...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.