Restricting access for additional users

andystewart_oxf
Contributor
Contributor

I have set up an additional user on my PayPal account.  I only gave them 4 permissions.  All the permissions are view only.  (View Balance, view customers, view profile and settings, view transactions charts & graphs.

But they have edit access to settings on the My profile page.  They can change settings there.

How can I restrict their access so that they can't change settings on my account?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@andystewart_oxf

Disable view profile and settings. They don't need to fiddle around there when once the settings like Website Preferences and Block payment settings are  set to the way you want it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

andystewart_oxf
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks sharpiemarker,

So there is no way to allow them access to the My Profile pages without edit access?  Seems rather strange.  Especially as the permission is labelled as, "view profile and settings".

Also don't they (additional users) need access to the Business Information page to change their password?  I couldn't find any other way of additional users changing their password - do you know if there is one?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.