Refunds

Misfitsrocker
Contributor
Contributor

I recently got a refund from a seller, they've gave me the money through PayPal to the payment method used at the time of purchase. Unfortunately I've got a new bank card since I made the initial purchase, the refund shows that it is going to my old bank card number, I don't know if it's a silly question but will the refund go to my bank account or am I going to have to jump through hoops to get the refund another way?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Misfitsrocker

If both old and new cards belong/ed to the same bank account then there won't be a problem and it will complete through ok, a mod has confirmed that in the past so I am sure on this one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Misfitsrocker

If for some reason the refund can’t be applied to your debit or bank card, it will applied to your PayPal balance instead. But I’d contact the bank to see how it would be credited to be sure.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Misfitsrocker

If both old and new cards belong/ed to the same bank account then there won't be a problem and it will complete through ok, a mod has confirmed that in the past so I am sure on this one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.