Primary & Secondary email address. communicate in secondary, give merchants the Primary

xerxis
Contributor
Contributor

Well i have a primary e-mail address with which, the paypal, communicate with me. Paypal give this address , unfortunately for me, to the merchants. The result is that : i recieve a lot of spams into this primary e-mail address and that the knowlegde of my paypal's signin address from an extremely uknown is the first step of corruption.

So

If a make, and, a secondary e-mail address can i have

- the secondary to : (a) communicate with paypal (b) the only signin into paypal's site

and the primary given from paypal to merchants

OR

- the primary to :

(a) communicate with paypal (b) the only signin into paypal's site

and the secondary given from paypal to merchants

Thnk you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Dian

Hi @xerxis

Thanks for asking your question and welcome :). 

I understand that you are receiving unwanted emails from sellers on the email address that you use for PayPal. You want to know if you can add another email address so that the seller sees that one instead of the one that is your primary email. I am afraid that we do not offer this. The seller will see the primary email address which is also the one we use to communicate with you. You can always 'unassigned' from emails that you receive from the merchants. In most cases, this option will be at the end of the email. 

I will forward your feedback to our developers, as I think it would be a great option to have. 

Dian 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.