Phone call from PayPal?

JackInnes27
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have received multiple phone calls, from <Removed>, asking for my PayPal email which I then gave them as they required it to verify it was me, they then told me about a outstanding balance which was correct and I told them I had transferred money in to solve this, I just wanted to double check that this was indeed a call from PayPal? As reviews on this number online are mixed with some saying it is PayPal and some saying it isn't, if it isn't it's worrying how they could know such details as my account has 2FA etc

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

vhpagani
New Community Member

I have also received a call from a number saying that it was from Paypal today, they asked for my email address to confirm that me was me. So I told them, if you want to talk with me, you should know who you are calling to. I have refused to give my email address. I told them that if they have any issues, they can contact me via email, and they should know already all my details. 
The woman told me to login to paypal and give them a call. 

I avoid at all costs to provide information over the phone, we have too many scams happening nowadays. 

Login to Me Too

Jlasadie
New Community Member

I received a phone call today as well. They said they were from PayPal and that I owe them a balance of $69. I have not use this account since 2018. Do you know if Pay Pal ever calls and ask you to pay a bill. When I logged into my account today it shows a zero balance on everything

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.