PayPal Now Demanding "confirmation of information"?

aylaaktan
Contributor
Contributor

recently I received an email from PayPal stating that I have to provide extremely sensitive information in order to keep my account going, "Like using your PayPal balance to send and spend online? Confirm your info now. Or transfer to your bank when you get paid. It’s your choice!"...
the information they demanded from me (and what I've heard, other users) is an SSN and Driver's License photo... keep in mind, I have had my account since 2014, so this has nothing to do with "being new" or whatever the legitimate sounding reason could have been.... though in all frank honesty, I was asked to verify my identity, but in no such way as this....

have others received such an email from PayPal, and does this seem legit?

below are what the emails looked like to give others a better idea of what I received....
email 1: <removed>

email 2: <removed>

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

MrsKari

<removed> emails from paypaIimited and paypaiimited are both phishing addresses. It's a scam that looks so real. They have all the correct logos and font and the linked site looks real. What gave it away to me was the login button didn't work and neither did the contact us button. If you get an email about your PayPal account, forward it to spoof@paypal.com. Don't click the link, log into your account from PayPal official site.

Login to Me Too

rolavine
Contributor
Contributor

Yes they have gone insane, demanding info they have no legitimate use for from accounts that have been open without problem for over ten years.  Corporation insanity where they now think they are gods.

Why do they need my bank account,  why do they need a picture Id, do they also want a stool sample.

This happens when nincompoops are promoted into critical positions, in this case I can only guess they are otherwise unemployable brothers in law using the security issue to get more info to spy on you.

You started out as a great convenience for the public, and now I've cancelled my account and will let some other company make money off my business!

Login to Me Too

Antoman
Contributor
Contributor

i keep uploading legitimate documents and they say " not accepted" like what im supposed to get a new drivers licence. its in date just because it expires in 3 years does not make it unofficial. they last for 10 years 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.